[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start pursuing a long-time desire of mine, which is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1475736847312.png (138KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1475736847312.png
138KB, 827x1169px
I want to start pursuing a long-time desire of mine, which is to learn piano. What is the best free resource to teach myself to do it? I can't really see myself getting a tutor in the near future, but I do already have my own electric keyboard and some sheet music I want to learn.
>>
If you want ro be a self taught pianist, there are plenty of method books you can pick up. I taught myself how to play with one of them, so it is possible, you just have to really stivk with it.

Another thing you can do is search on YouTube for tutorials but be sure to actually focus on theory and sight reading early on or you will regret it.

As for that sheet music, you may want to pick something a bit less challenging up for your first peice.
>>
>>18601252
>a bit less challenging
like what?
>>
File: 150177657687.jpg (35KB, 293x357px) Image search: [Google]
150177657687.jpg
35KB, 293x357px
I thought of this yesterday since hearing these songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sBUDPyvxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4XEPdYO5mM

If you like it, just buy a piano, learn to read music and play away. It seems easy to learn.
>>
>>18601277
>easy to learn
Well piano is fairly easy to learn wrong, it is hard to learn well withput a teacher, possible, but difficult
>>
>>18601263
Well if you are an absolute beginner, i would recommend working on scales and finger placement first, then you can work on easy pieces
>>
>>18601241
There's all sorts of books you can look into. I'm a guitarfag though, so I don't have any specifics. Something like musictheory.net is good for learning theory, which is important. The most important part is regular practice. It isn't gonna be easy at first, so be prepared to struggle a bit. As another anon said, it is easy to learn wrong so consider a teacher if you can
>>
>>18601263
But anyway, some easier pieces are

Very easy:
Some of the smaller bach preludes and minuets

Easy intermediate:
Beethoven has some good pieces, there are two or three bagatelles that are pretty easy, one of which you have probably heard (fur elise)
Chopin prelude in e min

Easy advanced:
Depending on how far youve come, you may be able to tack some of these
Moonlight sonata 1st
Pathetique 2nd
Rondo alla turka
Chopin waltz in a min
>>
>>18601394
Anyways, the best advice i can give you is to start small, AND USE SHEET MUSIC!

When i first started learning piano (age 10), i took on some retarded pieces (moonlight sonata 3rd, tempest 3rd, winter wind etude to name a few) and that sure did fuck me up. Sure i got through a good portion of them, but i couldn'tplay them well, and wasted a lot of time doing so. Start with pieces WITHIN YOUR REACH

And secondly, for the love of god use sheet music, and if not sheet music, then know tour theory because you are going ti be inprovising your entire musical career. The little 12 year olds who use those synthesia are complete cancer and need to be stopped. I know it might seem tempting to check out one, but if you eber want to get good, just dont.
>>
>>18601429
Sorry for terrible grammar and spelling, i just woke up
>>
>>18601394
>>18601393
will try tof ollow that site and practice some of those songs as i progress. thanks
>>
>>18601550
No problem, good luck!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.