[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 32 and I have the worst attention span. As a kid I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3391.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3391.png
59KB, 658x662px
I'm 32 and I have the worst attention span. As a kid I would sit at a desk in an empty room for hours with my homework and completely lose myself in my imagination. It took me 5 semesters to finish college algebra. I finally got my degree after taking 2 years of accelerated courses, further cementing the fact I have little patience for anything longer.

But that was five years ago; I have no patience to work on job hunting (I'm still working min wage) and can't concentrate on the comic book I want to work on. I just zone in and out unless I'm on my motorcycle or out running.

Can I turn my life around? I don't want to be a loser anymore.
>>
there are jobs that pay more than minimum wage that don't require patience or concentration. you'll still be a loser, but a more secure one. I work at the post office, you don't need to "job hunt" for it, just see if they're hiring and apply if so.
>>
Karate, meditation, yoga, reading, ganja. Kick a football and keep it in the air indefinitely. FOCUS
>>
>>18599407
I mean, I'm in student debt and I'm probably more inclined to want to work somewhere with opportunities for growth.

Last week I started taking this obscure anxiety medication and I watched a repeat of some tv show I've seen a million times and found myself actually paying attention to the actual show and seeing things I ignored before. I wonder if I continue to use it I might dig myself out of this pit
>>
>>18599417
*anon asks for advice to focus
*dumbass tells him to "focus"
>>
>>18599436
wich one it is????
i literally have the same story as you, this gives me hope
>>
surprise surprise, you have ADD. Choose to medicate, pursue alternative treatment, or not.
>>
>>18599665
It's phenibut, but you're supposed to use it very sparingly so I can't rely on it consistently. I'll have to swallow my pride and see a doctor about ADD either way I guess...
>>
>>18599798
>swallow my pride
There's absolutely nothing shameful about taking care of your mental health
>>
>>18599360
Look into nootropics or an ADHD diagnosis
>>
I'm like you op. I always have my mind elsewhere. I also cannot force myself to do boring things. I still work at a factory 5 years after uni because job hunting is such a boring, dry chore. Whenever I help my dad with some chore, I'm always daydreaming after the first hour. Also, if I read an article and you asked me what it was about, I can give you one sentence broad summary. I won't remember any details like stats or dates.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.