[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any girls here have/have ever gotten an iud? I want to get one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4123.jpg (736KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4123.jpg
736KB, 4032x3024px
any girls here have/have ever gotten an iud? I want to get one but I'm a huge pussy and am worried about the pain of getting it implanted. I know everyone's experiences vary due to differences in pain tolerance, but I just want a few different opinions from those who've actually gone through it. how bad (1-10) was the pain? any weird side effects you experienced? was it worth it?
>>
I'm a guy and when my girlfriend got her IUD placed, I'd say the pain was 0/10 for me.
>>
I actually just got one a few weeks ago. I got the paragard because I didn't want to pump a bunch of hormones into my body. The implantation is painful but it only lasts a few seconds. The rest of the day and the day after kind of sucked because I was cramping. It wasn't horrible but it was pretty uncomfortable to the point where doing daily stuff was difficult and I just stayed in my bathroom. I couldn't go to sleep that night until around 5 the next morning. Ibuprofen didn't do much so I got some Naproxene and that was better. I just got my first period after getting it in and they really do get heavier, a lot heavier, I'm probly gonna switch to bigger tampons. And the cramps were much worse too, but they will hopefully lighten up over time, otherwise I can deal with them.
Overall it was completely worth it, I very much enjoy not worrying about a condom (though me and the bf still aren't comfortable with coming inside) and the low maintenance. I would say if your period cramps are already pretty intense and are sucky to deal or if you don't do well with pain with I would consider other alternatives. My cramps were mostly pretty light and that's what made me more confident about getting one
>>
>>18599200
I had the IUD for 3 years. I have the hormonal one.
Pain was a 6/10 for 20 seconds and then a 2/10 for the next few days (like a mildly annoying period).

No side effects. I skipped a lot of periods.
It was TOTALLY worth it. I'm a pregnancy paranoid and the fact that it is 99,99% safe is amazing. I also love not getting periods.
>>
Curious why get an IUD if there's the one (implanon?) that you get implanted in the upper arm that basically 99,99% as well but without the pain?
>>
>>18599288
I had pretty much the same effects as this anon. I've had the liletta or the mirena for 8 months.
The insertion was 10-20 seconds of cramping that felt like the bad kind of cramp that makes you hold your breath and squeeze your fist.
I had cramping like a mildly annoying period for a month or two, and I mildly spotted for 3-4 months. I bought a lot of pantiliners. After that, no periods at all until about a week ago, where I've been moderately spotting/light period for ~4 days.

One thing I'm getting used to is the cum! Creampies are great, but I don't really like having to slide off my boyfriend and onto a rag, and have to get out of bed to queef out the rest in the toilet. I mean, it forces me to do the after-sex-pee that you're supposed to do to prevent UTIs, which is nice. But I wish I could enjoy immediate post orgasmal sleep. And I have to keep a little bin of cumrags to clean every week.

But, to get back to the pain concerns: The pain I went through to get my IUD saved me tons of pain from period cramps, so I am grateful.
>>
>>18599200
Got one, hurt like crazy, gave me blood clots. Hurt just as much having to get it removed. They suck will never get one again
>>
>>18599312
Because then there's a THING in my ARM that I can TOUCH and that would freak me out a lot.
Also some people want to avoid hormones.
>>
>>18599312
IUD has lower hormones and it has less side effects than implanon.
Plus implanon makes me freak out, for some reason. The idea of having something under my skin, in my arm is creepy as fuck.
>>
>>18599339
The arm one is low hormones. It's even safe for breastfeeding mothers to get. Also the ones that go up I you can perforate the utaris wall and cause infertility. They can also just come out if not put in correctly. And they are linked to increased cancer risk as is almost all bc. Why not just google what your thinking about getting or ask your obgyn for information. That's a lot more accurate then asking 4chan
>>
>>18599356
>The arm one is low hormones.
There's an IUD that has zero hormones.

>Also the ones that go up I you can perforate the utaris wall
Bad things can happen, yep. I was also super inconsistent with the pill, so a medical emergency of a perforated uterus is preferable than the medical emergency of pregnancy.

>and cause infertility.
I'm childfree anyway.

>They can also just come out if not put in correctly.
I check it frequently.

>And they are linked to increased cancer risk as is almost all bc.
If almost all bc is linked to that, then why does it matter? I would genuinely choose risk of cancer to pregnancy.

>Why not just google what your thinking about getting or ask your obgyn for information. That's a lot more accurate then asking 4chan
I'm not really doing this for information because I already have the hormonal IUD. Hormones don't bother me. I'm just answering to the anon why I didn't choose the implant, and why other people might not choose it either.
>>
Why do people use the implant iud instead of a diaphragm?
>>
>>18599523
because you pay somebody else to do it once and it works for like 7 years
>>
my girlfriend has one. the little wire stabbed me in the dick once and she said that it looked like it hurt me more than it ever did her.
>>
>>18599545
Same fucking thing! My girlfriend's uterus implant stabbed my cock as well! It hurt and caught me off guard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.