[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling worthless. Am I overreacting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

It has been years since high school and I have still not being able to get a single job. I have been studying the whole time and when trying to look for a job during my free time I am left unanswered every time I try and apply for a job.

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
How many places do you apply to a week? What's your resume like?

It is good to work a basic job first before getting a career oriented one so you learn basic work skills and get any related mistakes out of the way. Not sure if it's 100% needed though.

Again though outline what you've been doing to find work and me or other anons can probably give you some direction. Now that you're in College you have a competitive edge over high school students (depending on your study habits and grades), so finding something shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>18598759

It happens. Just change tactics for a while. And try to do something to buff up your resume. Like volunteering.
>>
>>18598759
You shouldn't feel worthless just because you don't get a cb. It's probably a resume issue. Maybe go to a workshop? Hiring managers only look at your resume for a few seconds, it's not an evaluation of your worth. Ignore the turboconservatards who will inevitably reply to this thread saying otherwise.

Keep on applying to jobs and in the meantime, try to do things that would look good on a CV. Volunteering and shit.
>>
>>18598778
One thing that I might have been doing wrong is putting my picture in, something that I have heard might get your resume thrown out of the window without second thought. Otherwise it just lists past experiences, which in this case might just be studying. I don't include any kind of subjective content otherwise.

>>18598785
>>18598791
Not sure how to find places to volunteer or how to go on with it. Is there any laws to take into consideration?

By the way, what do you mean by "go to a workshop"? Never heard the expression before.
>>
>>18598852
>Not sure how to find places to volunteer or how to go on with it.

How are you looking for a job right now? Do the same but with non-profit organizations.
>>
>>18598852

Oh dear. Yah, take out the photo. My biggest recommendation would be to take your resume to a job center (your school likely has one) and get it into shape, from some of the stuff you've said I'm thinking it needs work. Go to someone trained to make these things, it will give you a big boost and help make your resume better than the average one entry level employers will typically see.

When you get to the interview stage job centers are also quite helpful there, with staff often willing to give mock interviews and critique your performance.
>>
>>18598863
I try and look through the Internet for websites with lists of jobs. Then I try to look for basic jobs without requirement for experience and those than I should be able to do. Do you think there might be a better method?

I have tried to go to specific company websites looking for job opportunities there, but to no avail. Either I they have higher requirements than what I might meet or it's just that I have mistaken shiny job titles and advertisement bullshit as actual job requirements.

>>18598929
I have already planned to remove the photo from future resumes. I will try to look for a job center, as I honestly never knew that those even existed. Maybe I have somehow missed it for years.
>>
>>18598961
>Do you think there might be a better method?

Have you asked on stores with posters? Have you asked friends and family?
>>
>>18598970
Store owners don't put up posters where I live. Don't have any friends to ask, but I have tried asking my family, to no avail.
>>
>>18598978
>Store owners don't put up posters where I live.

Really? Not even for a position as a waiter or some shit?
>>
>>18598985
Nope. None. At least not what I have seen, and I have walked past a lot of stores throughout my life.
>>
>>18599024

Do you post to online job ads?
>>
>>18599317
Doesn't just about every job listed online count as an "online job ad"?.
>>
You might have to start part time fast-food or retail. You have no experience which is going to hurt your chances of getting a full time job. Just post as much resume for part time work as you can.
>>
>>18599920
Problem is at the moment that even when I found both part time or full time jobs while trying to get work on weekends, the part time jobs are not during weekends, according to the job listings, and will clash with my classes. Have you ever heard of the possibility of getting the job with hours differentiating from the ones in the job description before? Do you think there is a possibility of discussing the work hours with the employer like this?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.