[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does talking to yourself get too weird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1499118247239.jpg (927KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1499118247239.jpg
927KB, 2000x2000px
I've probably been meaning to make a thread regarding this topic for years, but I don't post as frequently as I used to.

I've been talking to myself since my early teenage years I'd say (I might have started younger) and it's gotten progressively 'worse' over the years.

Perhaps I started doing it to fill a void of loneliness or I just didn't like the silence of an empty home but I find it to be kind of therapeutic at this point.

There's something about expressing your thoughts and emotions into the ehter that generates a feeling. Albeit much different to that of actually speaking to someone. I do it generally when I'm alone but in the past few years I've started doing it outside when I'm by myself as well. I like to think out loud. Helps me clear/explore thoughts. (Almost feels like I'm talking to my psyche in a way.)
I had started working in a foreign country about 2 months ago and I've had 2 roommates (both from my country btw) and I've come close to being caught/getting the door opened on me mid monolouge numerous of times. Sometimes I just start doing it as soon as I get some alone time. Probably just habitually though.
Also english isn't even my first language yet I mostly do it in english.
Fuck I'm weird lol.
Anyone have a similar experience/Thoughts on this?
>>
>>18598473
Feel you so much OP
I'm literally in the same position, I've debated my own sanity, in some situations I literally have to concentrate on keeping my lips together, professionals would probably help
>>
There is talking to yourself and then there is having the perception of an alternate personality or conceptual 'other' or being ordered around and told to do things that you do or don't want to do. Like many layers of weird.

Like I sometimes rehearse conversations when I'm alone. Sometimes I'll make weird repetitive noises because I like the sound or sensation or the acoustics are particularly interesting where I am. I consider this slightly strange, but not worryingly strange, like having voices in your head telling you that you are a piece of shit who nobody will ever like or that you need to abduct the neighbours dog to prevent satan returning to the earth to stop the second coming of jesus christ who will prevent nuclear war with the godless chinese communists all the time.
>>
File: 1498743903287.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1498743903287.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>18598560
>or that you need to abduct the neighbours dog to prevent satan returning to the earth to stop the second coming of jesus christ who will prevent nuclear war with the godless chinese communists all the time.
>>
I used to talk to myself in English but recently I have started speaking in my native language. There is so much more emotion. I also fap to myself in the mirror, so there's that.
>>
>>18598473
Talking to yourself is very chill and calming thing you can do. Most people manages to learn how to have inner monologue without talking aloud, but on itself it is nothing to be bothered about.

Sure to anybody seeing you talking to yourself you will be the definition of madman, but then again, it is YOU who matters, not them.

Maybe get real friends so you can actually talk about your problems with real people.
>>
>>18598570
I feel as is if it's different depending on the language.
My english vocab is different to my native tounge so I can articulate things to a greater degree but my native tounge feels more authentic mentally.
The fapping thing is kek.
>>18598576
I'm not a complete loner but I rarely discuss my true inner deepest feelings and emotions with anybody but myself. Also I generally tend to articulate things the best/come to great thoughts when I'm on my own.
I also find it very difficult to find people to have meaningful conversations with or conversations that I GENIUENLY feel interested in. Then again I do live in a slavic 2.5 world country so.
>>
Same boat as you OP. Though some of my family members are unfortunate enough to finds me talking alone, they didn't think of me as a lunatic so I think its fine. Speaking your thoughts aloud alone is fine, it makes me feel more calm inside.

>I'm not a complete loner but I rarely discuss my true inner deepest feelings and emotions with anybody but myself. Also I generally tend to articulate things the best/come to great thoughts when I'm on my own.
I also find it very difficult to find people to have meaningful conversations with or conversations that I GENIUENLY feel interested in.

Perhaps for me, this is the reason I talk to myself alone, a form of release to my inner turmoils.
>>
>>18598473

In the same boat here OP, talking to myself is the only way I can process my thoughts and emotions.

I can't stay at my parents house because my mum keeps trying to shame me and make me stop doing it which leads to me becoming angry and stressed to the point of wanting to kill myself.

TFW roomate knocked my door last week and told me she's here if I want to talk because she thinks I'm arguing with relatives on the phone, never felt so much like a weirdo in my life.
>>
talking something out to yourself is fine. i think everyone probably does it a bit. but if you're rambling to yourself for long periods or holding a conversation there might be a problem.
>>
>>18598590
>slavic 2.5 world country
Nice personal excuse for not trying to connect with people around you. And remember, if everybody looks stupid to you, maybe the problem is you.

Cheers! Gf when?
>>
>>18598641
I'm not as open about it lol
I try and keep it low key but I've had similar situations
'Yeah I was talking on the phone!'
At times when I play vidya, I just ramble to myself or commentate or create epilogue related to the game I'm playing while my family thinks I'm just talking on the mic
>>18598658
I tend to start rambling for like 15 minutes at a time if I really am trying to resolve some internal conflicts/analyze certain situations
>>18598668
I was using that example in relation to a general mindset within slavic countries
I can function normally with people and hold conversations fine but I'm rarely geniuenly** interested and thriving to have them
>>
>There's something about expressing your thoughts and emotions into the ehter that generates a feeling.
I feel this so much anon. I wonder if it's because I'm not used to expressing my thoughts out loud because I spend a lot of time alone.

Or maybe I just like to hear myself talk.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.