[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I keep my cat from bringing in dead animals? My cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Cat Brings Dead Animals.jpg (20KB, 475x214px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Brings Dead Animals.jpg
20KB, 475x214px
How can I keep my cat from bringing in dead animals?

My cat is a very good hunter. I mean her collar is loaded with bell, something I figured from a google search. Made sense, bells would alert animals that she is near. But she still catches and brings them in.

Sometimes they are whole, sometimes that are tore apart. Not something that is easy to get out of a carpet.

Any ideas on stopping a cat from doing this or helping them be a an inside cat? Keeping screens on the windows doesn't help since she punches them out or destroys them.
>>
You can get rid of your cat. Cats are ecological terrors and are awful animals in general. And they make shit-tier pets. And people who own pets are almost always just using animals as a proxy for children because they're too dumb/scared to go have real offspring. Just my two cents.
>>
>>18556770
stop being a NEET, cats can sense that you're a loser and are trying to help you by getting food for you.
>>
Don't let your cat out without supervision, for starters, because it's incredibly dangerous and unhealthy for your cat.

You can help her adjust by cracking windows when it;s nice out to let her smell. Cracking them will prevent her from "punching though them" but still let her smell.
You can also leash train her and take her for walks. But I assume you have a cat and not a dog for a reason. If you have the money or capability, you might try fencing in your back yard with a tall fence she wouldn't easily jump over, build some sort of curved overhang so it makes it harder for her to get over. At least then she can only catch what comes into your back yard.
Also play with her often. She's not hunting for food, she's hunting for sport. She's bored, play more and maybe she won't feel the need to hunt so much, or will be too wore out to do so.
>>
>>18556792
Oh alternatively if possible you can try and build a "catio" that is reinforced so she can't tear through it.
>>
>>18556792
I can't build a fence taller than 4ft, town ordinance. I've tried to put an overhang and got a fine.

I don't have AC, so it's summer and it's fucking hot unless I have windows open all day. I've built screens that are double layered, but she still works through them.
>>
>>18556770
Cats are independant animals. They dont have the same social drives do they dont respond to the same training as dogs might.

A good example is when they, say, claw your couch up. If you catch them red handed and start screaming, they dont think "oh i fucked up, i shouldnt scratch this." they think "yo that big ape just went fuckin crazy for no reason what the fucking fuck."

Tl;dr

Your cats gonna go catch mice. Enjoy your presents.
>>
>>18556820
Maybe construct some sort of "iron bars" then in front of the windows?

And again, if you play with her more and wear her out she may not feel the need to be as mischievous.
>>
>>18556846
I ran a similar idea with my wife about screens and then putting lattice on the outside so we could get a breeze and she couldn't break through.
>>
>>18556929
That sounds better than my idea lmao.

I was thinking you could like, install a number of curtain rods across the window to create an "Iron bar" effect lmao.
Would look ratchet as hell, but be better for your cat's safety
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.