[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My current girlfriend currently has a 30 year mortgage on a $200,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
My current girlfriend currently has a 30 year mortgage on a $200,000 house. We have only been dating for a month and my lease ends in 6 months. Im not going to pay my girlfriend rent money. My decision is to either not pay any rent money or make premium payments to own a portion of her house and to have her sign a contract that if we break up she will make me payments at 3% apr which is her mortgage rate. I will obviously get a notarized contract. My question is thus; is this unfair to propose to a girlfriend? This is less of a prenup and more of a premarriage contract that once we get married I will fully pay for half of the mortgage in cash.
>>
Anon has 100,000$ cash just lying around
> why are you here again ?
>>
>>18556179
I have $125,000 in mutual funds and $30,000 in my bank account. I am 28 years old and have been in the military for 6 years. If you aren't actively saving money then you are really far behind.
>>
>>18556189
> implying you should waste 3 years of salary on a 6 month relationship , anon do what you think is right go live with her pay her 500$ a month or so since it will be a place you are living whatever you pay in rent now and after 6 months ask for the contract so you can see how you and her get along living together.
>>
>>18556170
>she pays you back the "rent" you're not going to pay her on her house if you leave her

I don't see this going over well dude. Maybe try talking about it with her a little before you tell her you're getting a lawyer.
>>
File: itsnotthatimpressive.png (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itsnotthatimpressive.png
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>18556179
I don't want to derail the thread so I will just post proof.
>>18556193
>waste
The point of the contract is so that I'm not wasting money.
If we do end up in a long term relationship then her paying a mortgage is a net loss on our combined finances.
I'm also not going to pay rent. It's either this or I live rent free until we get married.
I can afford to buy a nice condo in Colorado and just pay a cheap HOA fee every month otherwise.
>>18556199
A notary isn't a lawyer. It's just someone who says that both people are the actual person that is signing the document.
It's if she leaves me or if I leave her.
There's two points to me making premium payments: she will have to pay the actual mortgage every month so she learns about finances because she got a mortgage with 0% down payment and she has to pay $1200 a month because she doesn't really think before she does these huge things and also so that I can invest in our relationship so that she knows I am committed to this.
I just don't want her to be screwed trying to pay me $10,000 all at once if we do break up or have to wait 10 years for my money just because she will be paying a mortgage and paying me back.

Hopefully she just lets me live rent free at her place.
>>
this is a stupid and aggravating proposal. essentially trying to take someones property through a relationship.
>>
>moving in after one month
>plus a convoluted scheme to take her house/money

so many red flags i don't know where to start
>>
>>18556217
> Paying rent to gf for letting you live in her house
> waste of money
Why are you trying so hard to be retarded you would be paying rent anyway it's not wasted money
>>
>>18556230
>one month
My lease ends in 6 months and we are already talking about moving in together when it ends.
I am 28 years old and you are talking like a teenager.
>>18556225
>taking someone's property through a relationship
I would literally be getting an exact fraction equal to how much I am paying per month and she would be paying me the exact value of what I would be saving her in interest payments by paying early.
You really need to learn how mortgages and early payment works.
>>18556240
I have enough money to buy a decent 2 bedroom condo in Colorado.
If we weren't dating then I would just follow through with my original plans which would not be paying rent.
>>
>>18556217
just pay the electric and cable bills dude. don't even worry about the mortgage.
>>
>>18556251
>My lease ends in 6 months and we are already talking about moving in together when it ends.
It doesn't matter when your lease ends, you already decided within a month that you're moving in with her. If your leased ended tomorrow you would be on the same path.
>I am 28 years old and you are talking like a teenager.
That would be you thinking 1 month is a reasonable amount of time to decide someone is your girlfriend/boyfriend and move in with them and not have it end in disaster.
>>
>>18556252
I'm going to do that regardless.
I already pay for the majority of our dates.
We make an equal amount and she doesn't really need any money to afford her mortgage.
I just feel that this will help prove that I'm not just mooching off of her and show that I am committed to a long term relationship while keeping the pressure off of her to stay in the relationship.
>>18556261
>talking about your future is a red flag
We are also talking about how many kids we would want to have and when we would want to have them.
We have also known each other for 6 years.
>>
>>18556217
>I just don't want her to be screwed
Then don't mention this to her and help her find a roommate.
>>
>>18556251
youre a lost cause mate. if you cant understand the selfish stupidity in what you plan, its best you sign another lease rather than embarrassing yourself with your autism.
>>
>>18556273
I agree with >>18556261
It seems you made up your mind about this from what I'm reading
>>
>>18556189
Far behind what? Are we going somewhere?
>>
>>18556288
I'm not blindly arguing my point.
I feel that most of these posters care more about the fact that we would be moving in together than me helping her pay off her mortgage early.
>>18556287
Is it more selfish than not paying any money towards her mortgage?
>sign another lease
That's the main issue I have. We already know each other. We have known each other for 6 years. If after 7 months we can't decide if we are right for each other then it is better to just break up and proceed on to the next phase of my life.
>>18556300
We are all slowly marching to our deaths. If you aren't investing in yourself early then you will be crushed when the weight of living day to day life overwhelms your body as you grow weaker with age. Working until you are 45 to think about your retirement is the slowest way to commit suicide.
>>
1. Either pay her rent or
2. buy a different house together with her, or
3. buy one alone.

You choose but dont make it complicated as your original post.
>>
he wants to live for free, or make it an investment
>>
>>18556170
Lol, are you Jewish? A relationship based on contracts and money and "if we break up" is bound to fail, OP.
>>
>>18556362
I've already given up the idea.
I'm going to be honest about my opinion on paying her rent and go from there.
This plan is too convoluted and is asking a lot of trust from her and is pretty messy.
>>18556379
I actually am jewish. I am also black.
>>
>>18556287
What do expect from an idiot in the military? Hurr durr protect my country!
>>
>>18556388
I'm in the navy as a SPY radar technician.
I have a Secret clearance and training that will pay out when I separate and also I will be paid $1600 a month while I go to college.
I was also making $50,000 a year while paying $0 in state taxes as a 21 year old with no college education.
While I agree that there was a huge sacrifice in my free time as I was working 80 hours a week while underway, I don't think that the military is a bad investment.
>>
If she's smart she'll tell you to fuck off. I know I would.
>>
>>18556426
I just told her that I don't want to pay her rent because she owns the house.
She said she understood and I would just help her pay half of the average monthly interest rate of $300 a month which would be $150 for me.
I guess it helps to have actual value as a human being that someone wants to be with you.
>>
>>18556447
Then just pay her the amount you Jew and get it over with quit trying to Jew her out of money with a contract
>>
>>18556454
>then just pay her the amount you have already decided to pay her
Thanks buddy you really told me what to do.
Make sure to tell me to go to sleep tonight so that I don't just never sleep ever again.
>>
>>18556447
What is even the point of this thread? Why did you ask us if you were going to ask her regardless of what anyone said?
>>
>>18556491
He's black and Jewish do the math
>>
>>18556491
>ask her regardless of what anyone said
>>18556387
>I'm going to be honest about my opinion on paying her rent and go from there
>>18556447
>I just told her that I don't want to pay her rent because she owns the house
>>
>>18556387
>jew
>nigger
Well okay, it all makes sense now. One of those things makes you a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1493727297333.png (533KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1493727297333.png
533KB, 459x612px
op, thanks for making such a stupid thread. you've given me many keks.
>>
>>18556170
you're an ass OP....
just pay her the rent
>>
>>18556170

its a little unfair, but mostly because the situation is unfair. it really puts people in a tight spot in considering threi futures.

i doubt she will take it regardless, its a dumb offer to take, particularly for a 6 month relationship.

if you are interested in owning property go by your own.
>>
>>18556170
>if we break up she will make me payments at 3% apr

what the hell makes you think you should be able to live in her house for free when you can well afford to pay her rent?
Don't worry about any of this because if this is your cheap ass line of thinking, you won't have a girlfriend to worry about in 6 more months.
>>
>>18556217
>Hopefully she just lets me live rent free at her place

YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE
>>
>>18556447
I don't see why she'd want to be with an ass hat like you.
>>
File: absolute.jpg (22KB, 137x150px) Image search: [Google]
absolute.jpg
22KB, 137x150px
Damn, OP is showing some supreme kikery. Disgusting.
>>
>>18556170
Let's get cereal, this isn't about the rent.
It's about the combined expenses. You are probably planning to share those 50/50, right?
Now, the mortgage is an investiment, but it's also an expense.
You should divide each payment in principal (that she should pay, it's her investiment) and other shit like interest and insurance, those are extra costs that you should divide 50/50.
And that's without considering the opportunity cost of renting the space you'll take up, that shouldn't be too much anyway.
>>
>>18556170
You've been dating a month. This says it all.
>>
>>18556251
you talk like someone who knows his shit about money, which may well be true, but fuck all about budding relationships.
find yourself a pad for 6 months and see how you go instead of putting this random girl through all this nonsense.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.