[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I really want to join the military but I have Bipolar. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0038.jpg (138KB, 1040x1376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.jpg
138KB, 1040x1376px
So I really want to join the military but I have Bipolar. What I'd like to know is how easy would it be for me to lie about it so that I could join the armed forces. I'm not looking to get a security clearance, just go infantry and maybe move on to a better MOS later.
>>
Go on /k/ and search up "meg"
>>
You don't have to lie, the drill seargant will probably laugh out loud in his head and tell you you're perfect.

Have you been diagnosed and if so you got paperwork? or are you like most other people and say I get very happy and I get very angry at times? that makes me bipolar?.
>>
>>18552318
I've not been officially diagnosed on paper but my pdoc told me I do and prescribed me anti psychotics and anti depressants. I have a history of mental breakdowns but never been hospitalized. I'm a lot better than I used to be though
>>
>>18552344

well you probably shouldn't go to the military then. It's stressful. How come you don't get a regular job?.
>>
us army website will have an email address and a number shoot them an email or a call and see what they say , if they denie you check out the navy / coastguard you never know you luck.
> sorry if this advice is shit
>>
>>18552366

pretty sure he goes to his local recruiter as a first step. That's where they'll tell him to either fuck off or hand him some "sign here to sell your soul and no way out" paperwork.
>>
File: feels.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
340KB, 600x583px
>>18552369
> tfw that is what they did to me
rip op
>>
>>18552377

happened to me too, that's how I know.
>>
>>18552364
Because there is no future for me in a regular job. I'll be stuck in this town the rest of my life barely getting by and I don't want to do that. I want to travel and be trained as a killing machine. Maybe even blow some goat fuckers away
>>
>>18552380

>I want to travel and be trained as a killing machine. Maybe even blow some goat fuckers away

They send you to different stations, but realize at the same time you're freedom is SEVERELY limited. It is a salaried job and lots of times you will be doing a 9-7 job and you also got PT in the morning. You go overseas lots of times you can't leave the base unless you have a battle buddy or go in a group, can't stay off post on weekends unless authorized, can't travel certain distance away from the post unless authorized. Can't leave the post or enter again after certain times in some cases. There's some good but some bad too that you might run into.

You probably won't kill anyone either. To get a confirmed kill is pretty rare and for a confirmed kill they're going to make a decision on whether or not it was justified or you murdered someone.
>>
>>18552393
> tfw anon thinks all who go into the military are soldiers
in all honesty anon if you do get accepted expect to be a dishwasher or maid basically maybe a cook if you know about food
>>
>>18552393
I realize this. I live right next to an army base. I've grown up seeing all of my friends join. Being stationed around the world is still a chance to travel. Getting to shoot at towel heads would still be fun. All of my friends who have killed say it's not horrific like people make it out to be. Besides I think after doing infantry I'd like to fly drones
>>
>>18552366
the coast guard is extremely selective compared even to the army and navy, they have a 2 year wait list
>>
>>18552405
Bro if you go in with BPD and they find out, you'll be admin discharged for lying on your application so fucking fast. If you have an episode and really fuck up, you might even get dishonorable then you'll be really fucked. I have a friend who just got an OTH discharge and he's having trouble finding a job better than flipping burgers. Find something else, IMO
>>
>>18552404

Basically. 90% of the time will be police calls or bullshitting in the motorpools doing neverending maintenance on vehicles just to go the the field every now and then.
>>
>>18552405

If you're seriously interested go to the recruiter and actually tell him your story. He will probably tell you to lie about it. I told my recruiter that I had smoked pot not too long after I went to sign up and he said fuck it, gave me the piss test and said if I pissed hot to just say I tried it for the first time.

Funny thing is since I had a light security clearance for my MOS about a year later some weird officials called me up into the office asking me a couple questions about my drug history and I had to like think back to the story I told my recruiter and I'm pretty sure I was on the same page as the original story, I told them I had tried it once. Never saw those guys again and never got asked those questions again after that. I'm assuming it was something to do with renewing my clearance.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.