[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>breakup whats the best way of going through this? cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nnvy49OTMC1titub2o1_400.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnvy49OTMC1titub2o1_400.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
>breakup

whats the best way of going through this? cold turkey?
we've dated off and on for 2.5 years known each other for 4.

we didn't breakup due to cheating or anything bad. its just not working out with school. time. age. plans in life. It's pretty tough we both admit. I'd suggesting maybe calling once every two weeks to see how life is.
but I feel like weening off eventually. shes not a bad person nor am I . just wondering whats best
>>
Just do it. The longer you delay it, it will eat away at you.

Just be honest in why you are breaking up with her, and that's it.
>>
>>18529587
Cold turkey mate. To get over a girl more easily you need to get rid of everything that reminds you of her, including talking to her. Besides, imagine how shit you'd feel if she found a new guy while you're still in touch. It'll hurt like a bitch for a while, but you'll be better equipped in the end to find a girl that suits you better. Good luck mate.
>>
>>18529587
Mate.

There is nothing you can do but better yourself

>hit the gym
>pick up some hobbies
>make new friends
>learn to enjoy life without depending on another
>become a better person so that if another opportunity to date her rolls around you will take full advantage of it, but if not then you just live happy and maybe find someone else

You became too dependant on someone else to be happy and that's why you feel like shit now. You guys can still chat but if and when she finds another guy you'll be heartbroken all over again. So for now, focus on yourself
>>
>>18529615
>>18529615
yeah I know this to be true.

my main mistake is look at a gf as a bestfriend. ideally it sounds right but its not
>>
>>18529632
Nah it is if you're getting married.

But you're not.

So yeah, not ideal
>>
>>18529587
Cold turkey. Women don't like to let go of things, but you NOT letting go means that you're not able to move on.

Also, don't get sad. Get mad. You're a great dude, right? Proud of who you are? Well, you deserve someone that sees that, too. Fuck her for wasting your very precious time on this planet.
>>
>>18529697
>You're a great dude, right? Proud of who you are? Well, you deserve someone that sees that, too. Fuck her for wasting your very precious time on this planet.

yah im a bit bitter for sure. just time to move on
>>
>>18529711
Yup. Don't linger. You've already wasted enough of your time; specifically your most valuable time (your youth). Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move forward.
>>
>>18529715

im 29 now. feels like shit even more.
>>
Challenge her to a duel. Winner takes all.
>>
>>18529718
Hey, if you got a degree and a job, or are a skilled laborer, you're just about to hit your stride. 30 year old men that have any degree of success typically have their pick of the litter. 30+ year old women who are desperate to start a family will throw themselves at you, and you'll be able to pick up chicks in their 20's without breaking a sweat.

The Sydney Morning Herald did a great piece about this called "Why women lose the dating game." Written by a woman.
>>
>>18529726
yah . the reason why we never moved in is she didn't have her shit together. and didn't really want to budge.

got to the point of cya later. I moved on. felt like she and she rebounded to some new dude. they broke up and we got back together.

now its done done. it sucks right now. I want her in my life to some degree. I guess to know shes okay. but I think sometimes women put on a "sad" "emotional" front if it can control men.

its funny how in certain situations. they can be sad and cry in front of you. but I think behind the scenes they move on faster then men.

thanks for the advice mates.
>>
>>18529587
>I'd suggesting maybe calling once every two weeks to see how life is.
>but I feel like weening off eventually. shes not a bad person nor am I . just wondering whats best
Cut contact, remove her on all social media, block her, change her contact on your phone to "don't answer".
There's no weening period, you cut contact, it's over, it didn't work all the times it was off and on before, it's not going to work next time, regardless of how you justify it to one another.
Don't make her your oneitis, remember her flaws, don't fill in the blanks with your ideal woman.

The way to move forward is to develop yourself, go outside, get an active hobby, join a sports team, join a gym, study something part time, see friends, enjoy yourself.
>>
>>18529587
fuck a new girl
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.