[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have my first date tomorrow, but I don't have a car.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Awkward-Moments-in-a-first-date.jpg (115KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
Awkward-Moments-in-a-first-date.jpg
115KB, 980x490px
So I have my first date tomorrow, but I don't have a car. Is it a huge turn-off if the guy doesn't own a car? We might go to the park or someplace later and she would need to drive. :/
>>
>>18529544
Uff I been there. How old are you?
>>
>>18529551
21. date is 19F
>>
>>18529551
>>18529556
most of what I see online says that a girl who cares about that is superficial so I don't think I should worry about it...
>>
>>18529556
ditch her

also get a job and save up for a car that isn't super trashy.

Young girls don't know fuck about the real world yet. They need time to get slapped with some shitty situations so they can humble up and appreciate shit more.

If you aren't interesting enough or have enough money, she won't hang around. She's young and only thinking of herself right now.

>Skip the time and money waster
>get a good paying job
>get a car
>search for maturer women of your age or slightly older

the young pussy ain't even worth it in the long run
>>
>>18529565
huh? she's not a slut she's an introvert
>>
>>18529556
You really need to invest in something. You've probably fucked up this date, but you can get a brand new Chinese version of a Vespa for like a grand, and you don't need to register or insure it in most states. Gets like 50mpg, too.

Presuming you are in the States, its a HUGE turnoff.
>>
>>18529564
>most of what I see online says that a girl who cares about that is superficial so I don't think I should worry about it...
The beginning of all relationships are superficial. She's supposed to show off her looks by dressing up (which is what men crave - youth/health/fertility), and you show off your ability as a provider (which is what women crave).
>>
>>18529582
this sounds overly traditional though
>>
>>18529570
she's a young girl who will eventually realize she has advantages with her tits and can pick and choose guys. She hasn't had any crazy life experiences but she will, and when she does she'll fight you if you try to rein her in.

It ain't worth it buddy. Be friends all you want, but girls take a few years to mature in the head out of high school.
>>
>>18529544
Just go on the date. She might not act the way these idiots say she will. It won't kill you to at least try, who knows maybe she'll stick by your side
>>
>>18529606
yeah I'm still going (wtf why would I cancel at this point lol) but just nervous about how it will go down you know?
>>
>>18529592
So you're saying you don't want her to dress up? You'd hate it if she wanted to be a stay at home mom who cooked, cleaned, reared the kids, did all the shopping, paid all the bills, and gave you a contact point into the neighborhood?

I'm not saying that all women want to do this, or even that women SHOULD want this, but tradition is tradition for a reason, and it wasn't male enslavement.
>>
>>18529622
My understanding of romance is a deep friendship with fucking

not /r/theredpill
>>
Either get a rental or go to the junkyard and buy a car just for the day.

Back in the 90s my daddy rolled around in a 71 Ford Torino he found in the junkyard for $160. If my daddy was a balla you can be too
>>
>>18529625
Ok. Good luck with that. I hope that your experience does not reflect my own, otherwise you're gonna be swimming in the Friendzone until you decide that this ISN'T what romance is.
>>
>>18529634
I mean I think kissing/groping/fucking (through each date) makes it pretty fucking clear that it's not the friendzone
>>
>>18529637
Oh, so you've done that with her? If so, I retract what I said. Lots of chicks get free males from friend-zoned guys.

At any rate, I don't hate women. I'm married - have been for 6 years as of June, and I'm still madly in love with my wife. But I used to think like you did, too, and I never got very far with that mentality.
>>
To be clear: I have rides to/from dates. I just don't have an option for during the date except riding with her.

That's not as bad is it?
>>18529648
No, this is a first date (read the OP bruh)
But I'd be naive to not do something tomorrow
>>
>>18529606

THIS

She has already agreed to go on the date with you and to drive. So apparently it is not a problem for her. The best relationship I ever had was in grad school. Girlfriend had a car and I didn't. was not a problem in the least.
>>
>>18529658
>But I'd be naive to not do something tomorrow
Ok. Seems to me more like you have already made up your mind on how everything works, and you're not interested in actually getting advice, but rather just getting confirmation on what you already believe. Good luck.
>>
>>18529670
Well if someone provided the other side that didn't just rely on gender roles and tindr bullshit would be nice

atm that's all I get from the "you need a car ASAP" crowd
>>
>>18529674
Listen, dude, I don't know the chick. I can only tell you what women want when painting with a broad brush. Doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of exceptions.

Also, I never said you needed a car. I specifically said a very cheap bike that doesn't require registration, insurance, and gets 50 miles to the gallon. Chicks love bikes (again, painting with a broad brush).
>>
>>18529686
aight, I get what you mean now. Basically prepare for it though it might not happen. that's reasonable.
>>
If you live in an area with decent public transit, it's no big deal. Just make yourself out to be someone who prefers biking and taking public transit instead - a ton of young adults are into that these days because it makes a ton of financial sense if you don't live in the suburbs.
>>
>>18529694
This is a great idea.
>>
>>18529694
>If you live in an area with decent public transit,

>>18529716
>This is a great idea.

No, it's an awful idea.
How's he going to feel when he and his date are harassed by a pack of melanin-enriched thugs and he has to back down because he can't go up against 12 of them?
>>
>>18529612
That's normal. The worst that can happen is you don't end up together. And honestly it's not that bad, you just move onto the next one.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.