[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy things I don't need with money I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: literally me.jpg (216KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
216KB, 900x636px
I want to buy things I don't need with money I don't have

It had never happened to me before, I thought material desires didn't matter to me, but I just wanna go on a shopping spree to buy dumb shit like Magic cards, weeaboo stuff, some sick ass sneakers and lots and lots of protein shakes powered by my savings for a trip and a new laptop
>>
>>18527948
How bad are we talking about, are you like fantasizing about it or do you take a loan and buy shit you don't need?
>>
>>18528089
I'm at fantasizing while spending a little.

This month i've spent 50$ in useless shit and i want MORE. I'm afraid I'm falling into an endless pit of spending and gambling. Drawing from some savings i had from a job and some money I had stashed for a trip later in the summer.

It's so little in the grand scheme of things and I end up rationalizing it as "you spend so little on yourself, have some fun with what you've earned". Babby steps on a path that leads to going out of bussiness I tell you waht
>>
>>18528289
Well whatever it is you need to stop. Think of it real hard. "Do I REALLY need this in my life? How long would I use it? What is it useful for?" Once you begin to question yourself more and more, then you would not buy anything
>>
$50 a month on useless shit is $600 a year.

Only buy things that you will enjoy for a quantity of time greater than that which it took you to generate the money you used to purchase said item.

The only exception to this are items that provide a specific utility that will help you save time in the future. You can cook food in an open fire outside, but an oven/stove will likely be more efficient and will save you tons of time.

What do material goods with no purpose or utility provide you with other than instant gratification? Why do you crave gratification? Why does it feel good? Answer those questions and look for areas or hobbies where you can satisfy as many of those questions as possible for as little resources expended as possible.

I would recommend a video game where you are able to accrue wealth an dour chase items within and only within the context of the game without using real world currency like an MMO or a game like animal crossing.
>>
Get a job? Or get a better job?

$50 isn't shit if you have a good job. Hell I only make about $50K after taxes and even to me $50 isn't shit.

If you make decent money and you save a little then spending it every once in awhile is what you should do. No point in saving and saving. Enjoy your money, moderately, while you can though.
>>
>>18527948
Check out Dave Ramsey, he talks a lot about saving money and training yourself out of these exact behaviors.
>>
Go out and buy stuff and see where it gets you. Doing the thing and experiencing how it makes you feel is always better than listening to advice on it.
>>
Are you depressed, anon? Why sudden urge to buy using the money you saved for travel?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.