[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>3 guys flat sharing 3 bedroom flat in equal >one guy acquires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: money.jpg (91KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
91KB, 640x360px
>3 guys flat sharing 3 bedroom flat in equal
>one guy acquires gf
>she stays over more frequently with him in one of the bedrooms
>she becomes a quasi permanent guest, staying over 5-6 days/week

how much she should chip in?
>>
>>18527902
His gf should split his share with him, i.e. if the flat is 600 and you're each paying 200 then they should both pay 100.
>>
>>18527938
Disagree. In this situation it's her boyfriend whose rent is lowered while he will enjoy her staying there. The other two roommates will only have inconvenience (like not being able to use the shower or cook because she uses it). Even if they were never inconvenienced, they didn't pay to share with three roommates but two.

You should talk about it with them anyway, there's no really universal rule and it depends on factors. Does she also help with chores? Does she use shared groceries? Do you pay for gas and hot water yourselves?
Also with what's doable for her. If she effectively doesn't need to rent her own place because she's there all the time, then paying 100 bucks on top of his rent is nothing. If she does have her own place then it's a different story.
>>
>>18527938
They both should pay less, but the total should probably be more than now. She's practically living there, but she's not taking up much extra space.
>>
>>18527902
Have a house meeting with only the people who are on the lease. Before the meeting review your lease document. The agreement is for 3 people he has broken the lease by renting his room out to a 4th person. She is paying in sex. Ask him to share or pay more in rent. Ask him how happy he'd be if the other two brought in two more.

He needs to live up to the TERMS of the lease.
>>
>>18528044
>She is paying in sex. Ask him to share
That's a little forward, isn't it?
>>
>>18527938
Wrong. She should pay rent while everyone else's share is reduced, not just her boyfriend's. Everyone else is impacted by what is effectively another tenant making a mess of the place, eating all the food, hogging the driveway, etc.
>>
Let buddy have a girl over, unless shes especially slobby why do you have to make his life so hard.
>>
>>18527902
Assuming it is 300:
Guy A: 80
Guy B: 80
Guy C (with girl): 100 (like before)
Girl: 40 (water comsumption, time delay for other parties at showering, cooking, etc)
>>
>>18527902

its a messy situation because she still has her own place so expecting her to pay more rent just because she hangs there a lot is rather rude. but on the other hand shes essentially moved in and caused an inconvenience for the other guests. This sort of thing should be discussed before becoming roommates.

when someone moves in to my place I explain that with the exception of people out of town, you are not allowed to have guests stay more than two consecutive nights in a row. if they do the rent has to be renegotiated.
>>
>>18528081
Having an extra person will make the OP's life harder, especially if it's a roommate's girlfriend

Listen to this guy >>18528093
>>
>>18528104
>its a messy situation because she still has her own place
It shouldn't be rude since the place was designed for three people, not 4, I assume she lives in the same bedroom as her boyfriend. What if the other two got boyfriends/girlfriends and they all live together? No one wants that shit so it's better to force rules
>>
>>18528093
>>18528077
This
>>
>>18528125

>it shouldn't be rude

it shouldn't be, but it is. imagine if you went to hang out with a friend and their roomate came out and said 'UH YOU NEED TO PAY ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO HANG OUT HERE'

yes this is a more extreme circumstance so it is something you should talk to your roommate about and see what the options are, but if you approach someone about this a lot of the itme the response is going to be 'UH I HAVE MY OWN PLACE, I JUST HANG OUT WITH MY BOYFRIEND IN HIS ROOM YOU CANT CHARGE ME ITS HIS ROOM HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS WITH IT'

and in a way shes not going to be wrong. best to have these things discussed beforehand as opposed to after.

you should definitely approach the boyfriend though and see whats up. if hes willing to pay more great.
>>
>>18528138
>>she becomes a quasi permanent guest, staying over 5-6 days/week
This is where we disagree on what you mean by "hangout". hangout is like a day or two or not even that, just someone who plays or watch a movie and goes home. if she's there literally 5-6 days a week at OP's place then what the fuck is the point?

OP should talk to that guy alone and tells him that he needs to discuss this shit. She should not be involved in any discussion since it's an issue between OP's roommate and himself and next time he shouldn't let this happen
>>
>>18528093
To make it sound "fair" I'd say guy C and the girl together are 140 (instead of guy C specifically paying more), guys A and B are 80. Guy C still gets a cheaper rent, but it depends on how much she'll pay.
>>
>>18528138
It is a far more extreme circumstance. Someone regularly being there most of the week is WAY the fuck different than "hey I have a buddy going over"

No fucking comparison
>>
>>18528155

thats the big problem is a lot of people are just going to 'disagree' on this and there's no real legal precedent that says any one person is right. I think any rational human being can agree that this should come with some sort of payment, but when you are in that situation and already have your own home and bills and someone says you need to pay money to stay the night with your significant other, it tends to ruffle your feathers.

were both agreed on approaching the roommate first and seeing what can be done about it though..
>>
It really depends. There are guests and then there are guests.

Does she clean up after herself and/or others? Does she eat other people's food out of the fridge? Does she put food in the fridge? Does she contribute toilet paper or any other household necessities?

The point is, if she's being a gracious guest and contributing food/items/services to the house, then it's really not a big deal, and imo she should not have to pay rent.

On the other hand, if she is racking up the water bill, not contributing anything, or generally inconveniencing the other tenants in any way, then yes she should absolutely be held responsible financially.
>>
>>18528159

>no fucking comparison

to you in your spot on your side, but to your roommate or his gf who dont want to have to spend extra money just to have her stay the night (Even if for 6 consecutive days) there will be some disagreement, even if they're wrong. and one day you might find your self in their shoes and claim that you've changed your mind and they shouldn't have been charged. its hard to say.

but as a whole i do a gree with the OP. they should be paying more because of this or just pull the trigger to move in or swap nights at different places. but unfortunately there is no legal precedent telling them they have to pay and they will likely be hostile about this.

no one likes to have their rent raised.
>>
>>18528168
why doesn't he stay at her place then?
like, does she have to stay 5-6 days?
can't they make 3 at yours and 4 at hers or whatever? it's not like she has to spend the night at your place
>>
>>18527902
Well, he's still paying for the room she stays in, so I think it's ok if she doesn't pay. Still, she should bring cookies or something every now and then.
>>
>>18528168
>there's no real legal precedent that says any one person is right
Yes there is. I paid for a 3 bedroom flat designed for 3 people. If suddenly an extra person lives here, then I want it to be priced accordingly.

>but when you are in that situation and already have your own home and bills and someone says you need to pay money to stay the night with your significant other, it tends to ruffle your feathers.
It also ruffle other people's feather that an extra person lives with them at no cost, takes space, etc.

>>18528172
>and one day you might find your self in their shoes and claim that you've changed your mind and they shouldn't have been charged. its hard to say.
If my roommates are annoyed at the fact that an extra person lives with us and talk to me about it, I would respect their opinion since it's best to have no feud in the future.
>>
>>18528184

the post you responded to (mine) is not OP.

as for why they do that, its hard to say. unfortunately for whatever reason couples tend to nest at just one home instead of both. usually its whoever has the better situation. guys are less likely to care if their roommates hear them having sex, so often times they go to the guys place. sometimes one of them is in a shared room situation or its just more convenient for the girl to get to the guys based off of where she works or schools than it is for hte guy to get to hers. many itmes one simply refuses to go to the others so, say in OPs case, the girl would just go to the boyfriends any night she wants to hango ut cuz otherwise wont see him at all.
>>
>>18528192

>if suddenly an extra person lives here

not a legal precedent, if you took this to court to sue for rent she'd show that she already has a lease in her own name and gets mail at her own place and her roommates can all vouch that she lives there amd that she only goes to stay the night at her boyfriends.

you think you're the first person to have this issue before? because of how messy it is they drew a line in the sand and unfortunately she has not crossed it. you can of course stop her from entering but that makes things more complicated with 'what if one person lets her in but not someone else' etc.

find a REAL legal precedent in your state, not you saying 'i did this so i expect THIS if someone else does THAT'.

>it also ruffles in the opposite direction

sure, i dont disagree with you at all, i specifically state it as a rule before I let anyone move in with me that they are only allowed two consecutive nights because I hate that shit.

but that doesn't make us legally sound.

>i woudl respect their opinion

you say that now, but people constantly have a change of heart when it would work to their advantage.

at the end of the day I Do not disagree with you OP. he should pay more rent or they should pull the trigger and have her move in legit.

but at the end of the day there isn't any SOLID ground for you to stand on. you could bring this up, he could say 'fuck you' and you're just stuck being angry. i hope it doesn't, and if you're smart you'll get some leverage first.

but its easy for this to go south cuz there is no clear cut answer.
>>
>>18528199
>guys are less likely to care if their roommates hear them having sex,
Ever lived with male roommates? Of course they give a shit, no one wants to hear someone else have sex.

>say in OPs case, the girl would just go to the boyfriends any night she wants to hango ut cuz otherwise wont see him at all.
These are assumptions from you but not OPs. Maybe she lives close enough? They could literally meet up anytime if that's the case

Point is there's literally no point discussing this without OP giving an update. Talk to your roommate, man.
>>
>>18528216

calm your tits.

>ever lived with male roommates

yes, almost exclusively, and the girlfriends tend to come over to their place for that reason: they dont want their female friends knowing too much about their sex life / exploits.

men are less likely to turn down sex just cuz a male roommate might hear them.

>these are assumptions from you

not assumptions, possibilities. you asked a question and i explained possible answers. OPs is still the most relevant of course, but there is a point in discussing, you were out of the loop so i explained possibility.
>>
>>18528208
>at the end of the day I Do not disagree with you OP. he should pay more rent or they should pull the trigger and have her move in legit.
I'm not the OP, I'm just stating an example.

I would fucking hate if my roommate girlfriend moved in. I would say "nope" because literally everytime it happened ended in disaster and broken shit a month or two after
>>
>>18527902
How much kitchen, bathroom, and living space worth?
Bedroom+(Amentiesx2)=their share.

Maybe her rent could be paying the internet bill?
>>
>>18528221

absolutely. but then you're also stuck in this weird middle ground where you're saying 'you basically live here so you have to pay rent... but you're not allowed to actually move in'

not really fair imo. ideally they should just not spend every fucking night together, but they'll continue to do what they want to do unfortunately and there isnt much OP can do unless he has leverage of some sort.
>>
>>18528064
I was making the point that he is benefitting at the expense of the others.
>>
if you're in Brazil you should just kill all muslims you see in the building, no questions asked
>>
>>18528705
That doesn't make sense bro...
>>
>>18529098
I get what he means. She's taking part of the third guy's share, but she doesn't pay in money.
>>
>>18527902
I wouldn't worry about charging her bro. Roomates are pretty temporary, before long they will either break up or move in together somewhere else. I'd just let it slide.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.