[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My infatuation with an acquaintance ended with a failed romantic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170705_084521.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_084521.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
My infatuation with an acquaintance ended with a failed romantic pursuit: turns out she had a boyfriend after all.

My feelings for her are stronger than those I've had for ladies that I've actually been in relationships with.

I'm 27 and that's the first time I've felt so strongly about someone. I fear it could be another 10 years before something like that comes around again, if at all.
It also feels like pursuing anyone else at the moment wouldn't be fair or respectful to either of us. It would be like settling for 2nd best.

What are some good ways to move on from this and get back into a healthier mindset?
>>
>>18527038
>turns out she had a boyfriend after all.

Boyfriends aren't husbands. All women keep a line of backup men for when their primary relationships fail. Be that backup.
>>
>>18527479
That's true. The situation has forced me to have a good look at myself anyway.
I find myself imagining a future where she's single again and I want to be the best version of myself to take advantage of that.

However, there's every chance that may never happen. She's 37 and been married once before so it's not like we're talking about fleeting high school flings here but I really wouldn't know. I got the impression she was single so maybe she just picked that as an excuse to try to let me down gently.

It's frustrating being so motivated and having no way to act upon it. I just want to be able to get on without thinking about her all the time and get to a point I could look elsewhere without it feeling like second prize.
>>
>>18527479
>women keep a line of backup men for when their primary relationships fail

I love biology
>>
>>18527509
>37
whats even the point of that relationship except for good time?
>>
>>18527038
>It would be like settling for 2nd best.
Nobody ends up with their first choice
>>
>>18527514
Do you really want me to gush about why I think she's so great?
>>
>>18527519
Is that really the case? I know with time with someone else I could forge a relationship which will make me forget and will usurp any imagined future relations I could have with this woman.
At the same time though, it's hard right now to get to know someone and feel anything close to like what I felt with her. If I'm not feeling that, and looking at the next one like second best it seems like that is a tenuous at best foundation for a relationship. Bit of a catch 22.
>>
>>18527038
How long did it take to develop those feelings?
>>
>>18527563
I knew within about 15 minutes of meeting her that she was something special.

But I was simultaneously finding out she was a great yoga teacher.

I put my crush to one side because I was genuinely focused on my practice, plus I wasn't really ready for dating at the start anyway.

Over 18 months I got to know her better and better til the point where I couldn't put it aside any more. So I quit her class and asked her out a couple of weeks ago.
>>
File: IMG_7668.png (280KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7668.png
280KB, 768x1024px
>>18527038
Knowing she might fertile cumming u if u guys become couple.
>>
>>18527620
kek, she's precisely the type of woman I'd make a baby with anyway.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.