[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry to ask that here but /g/ is useless. What are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4256.png (23KB, 360x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4256.png
23KB, 360x405px
Sorry to ask that here but /g/ is useless.
What are the best books to learn C++?
>>
>>18525724
install gentoo
>>
>>18525724
lurk forums and practice on your own

There isn't one book to teach you everything
>>
File: 1499833138162.jpg (68KB, 543x440px) Image search: [Google]
1499833138162.jpg
68KB, 543x440px
>>18525724
Its not a book but if your wanting to start learning c++ or a few other languages i can suggest sololearn.com its basically like a book but stretched out with quizzes and such so you don't progress unless you know what its trying to teach. If you already know some you can skip sections
>>
>>18525783
This op.
>>
>>18525742
/thread
OP you cant escape from /g/, faggot
>>
There's a million books catering to bunch of different audiences. Go to amazon and find one with good reviews.

For reference get Strousup or however you spell his names book
>>
Ha! /adv is better then the rest of them
>>
>>18525724
The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup. While I would recommend using the internet for information if you really want a book use that.
>>
>>18525954
Stroustrup's book is outdated.
>>
Professional C++: Edition 3 by Marc Gregoire
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>18525746
>There isn't one book to teach you everything
Actually, there is.

Go to your local bookstore and shop for a book on "c++". It will give you a comprehensive introduction, covering all the groundwork. And from there, you go back to the bookstore and find what your specifically looking for. Like "Networking with C++" "making games with c++" "encryption with c++" "mobile apps with c++"

But it all starts with a general book. It's what I did, worked great.

Of course that was like 2006 for me. Maybe now there are "online courses" you can take and stuff. Avoid anything with advertisements. If there are ads, it's probably no good.
>>
Don't you just YouTube this shit?
>>
>>18526834
Good youtube tutorials are pretty rare.
There's handmade hero for C but I don't know of a C++ equivalent
>>
>>18526881
What about Java? I'm kind of struggling with it.
>>
>>18526890
No idea, sorry. I've heard good things about Head First Java if you don't mind learning from a book.
>>
>>18526881
handmade hero is actually C++
but the guy is a C nut, and he hates most C++ features, so it might not be the best way to learn it
>>
>>18526914
Is HH still a good way to learn C? K&R is a good reference, but I find it dry and somewhat tedious.
>>
>>18526916
If you're already good with algorithms (or other languages), sure, it's would work.
>>
>>18526890
For java and other programming languages (although not c++ unfortunately), I found teamtreehouse.com to be a great tutorial thing for diving into it new things, they layout a project and show you how to work through it. IMO worth the money and I go back all the time when I feel like playing around with something new.

Also Oracle has tons of documentation for Java to use as a reference its super helpful. Tutorials point is also good.

For a more specific problem try stack overflow. Chances are there are many people that had the same problem you do.
>>
>>18526975
>If you're already good with algorithms
What do you mean by that
I know control flow and loops, but I don't have the math background that "algorithm design" implies
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.