[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been really struggling with depression this last year.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1488572136802.jpg (72KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488572136802.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
I've been really struggling with depression this last year. It has hit really hard 4 times, and it's crippling. I know it's a meme to say you're depressed, but I am really suffering.

I am 26 and live with my parents. I make tons of money during the summer and around that job I am working on my start up company doing what I love. My parents completely support me, are happy to have me, believe in me, and are very supportive of getting me through depression. I'm really fortunate.

Maybe it's because I've browsed /pol/ too much but I'm full on conservative. I feel like a manchild at 26 because I don't have a wife and 7 kids and a house and money and whatever. I had a really great relationship last year but it didn't turn out and it made me realize I do want to get married and have a family someday. But shouldn't I be waiting until my 30's to feel that extreme pressure on myself? I don't know if this is related to my depression, but I feel like I want to go back to my teens when I was happy just playing vidya in my free time, havin a waifu, not caring about girls, and working on what would eventually become my start up.

I eat very healthily, I go to the gym 5 days a week, the only negative aspect I can say of my habits are that I'm not social. I live in a small town with few people who are into the same things as me.

I dunno, just wondering if you guys have advice. I'd really appreciate it. I need and want to get through this. Thanks.
>>
>>18525192
>I make tons of money

I would like to know how.
>>
Maybw moving out OP? It sounds like a good start to everything else you say you want. And probably will make you feel a bit more accomplished
>>
Humans are social animals. I don't believe this shit when people say they don't need friends, maybe it's true for a very small percent of the population.

Go out and meet people. I guarentee you if you keep this up and make a few good friends your depression will disappear.

I'm not talking out of my ass, I've been in your situation before. You can make more money or get more fit but you won't get any happier. You need people in your life.
>>
>>18525706
Not him, but how do you even make new friends once you're an adult working full-time?
I'm suffering from depression too and want to meet new people, but I have no idea where or how.
>>
>>18526094
You can meet people at work, if you not into that then do some stuff after. It's not like in school where they'll have announcements on the wall for clubs you might be interested in, you are actually going to have to out and find these things. You have less time as a working adult but the time can managed.

If you immediately come home to jack it and watch anime then you won't find friends that way.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.