[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

intolerant parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3417.jpg (45KB, 625x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3417.jpg
45KB, 625x474px
long story short, about 8 years ago i used to be the girly girl cheerleader type/ upper class suburban america yaddah yaddah

the whole time i hated how i dressed/acted so i quit cheerleadering and hung out with the artsy type kids in high school

i fit in so well and finally felt like i had found a place in life.

half a year ago i got a septum piercing and i loved it. i ended up taking it out because my parents relentlessly mocked me for it and called me trashy and all sorts of bad shit.

all my friends have tats/piercings/ some with dyed hair and of course we only really ever exclusively dress in dark colors

my friend is in a band and signed to a record label and every time i go to see him perform i get mocked by my parents for liking indie/alt type music

basically, they keep mocking my friends/me for how they look and what they do and i'm sick of it. i always tell them to stop but it doesn't do much

i'm a pretty successful fashion designer, working towards my MBA now and it still pisses me off that something as simple as my clothes/piercings get to my parents like that. hell its not like i live in their basement.

how do i get them to stop? grandparents are same way.

i'm 23/F if that helps any
>>
>>18524133
Huh.
Surprised that your parents raised someone like you, but I guess girls are influenced by other girls who do this stupid shit.
>>
>>18524133
While I understand their disappointment, they are your parents after all and love you anyway, you sounds like you are independent so stop letting them know your business. You can detach, thats what adults do.
>>
>>18524133
You sound young and impressionable. It's easy to mock and find fault with people like that.
>>
>>18524133
>all my friends have tats/piercings/ some with dyed hair and of course we only really ever exclusively dress in dark colors
sounds to me like your peers expect you to dress like them which in return sounds to me like they are just as intolerant
>>
>>18524133
Stop trying to be a edgy rebel and people will stop making fun of you, slut
>>
>>18524133
They are not wrong, not at all. Dress however you like, listen to whatever music you like, but do not make PERMANENT alterations to your body based on TODAY'S fashion sense. Tats & piercings are almost always a mistake, unless you keep it very small and subtle.

You and your friends won't be 23 forever, it won't be 2017 forever. You know how people always look at old photos of themselves and cringe at their stupid style choices back in the day? Imagine if you couldn't fix it just by cutting your hair and changing your outfit.

Other people will look down on you for these choices, too, and once you're through with your education, their opinions will matter, whether you like it or not. A few visible piercings/tattoos will immediately limit your career options, quite a bit. ESPECIALLY if you keep pursuing a career in fashion.
>>
Well all this career talk really never leads anywhere, but really consider what >>18524273 said.
Since you're developing a very nuanced feel of what kind of styles and tastes you like: you will develop and get older. And you WILL look back at that time and cringe.

So just keep that in mind, I suppose.
>>
>>18524273
i had a septum piercing that could be flipped up during important matters. no permanent body alterations were made. i don't want any tattoos
>>
>>18524160
i wasn't even influenced by anyone i just felt off after leaving my normal friend group because they made fun of my clothes/personality and happened to fall into a group that dressed/acted like me
>>
>>18524258
i dressed similar to them before i met them, they've been great to me
>>
>>18524270
i don't try to be anything. the only people who make fun of me are my grandparents who got married at 17 and my painfully boring and predictable parents. all other people think i'm fine because i spent a lot of time in fashion school with likeminded individuals
>>
File: 1427813034958.jpg (151KB, 1395x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427813034958.jpg
151KB, 1395x1080px
>>18524133
>septum piercing
Into the trash you go.

>>18524468
>grandparents got married at 17
Yet they're smarter than you.
>>
move away and don't talk to them much
>>
File: gin 4.jpg (9KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
gin 4.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
They are right, Dyeing your hair a non natural hair colour is a sign of being crazy and piercing are for faggots and look terrible.
Especially a Septum, piercing they have to be the most disgusting and thrashiest piercing of them all.

Listen to your parents and grandparents they are right or I don't know grow the fuck up and do what you want since you're an adult.
>>
>>18524133
Anytime I see a girl 18-30 years old with a septum piercing I instantly know that person is below average in intelligence and cares immensely about what others think of her. It is trashy. Your parents are right.
>>
>>18524133
Tell your parents that you are a self-sufficient adult and you are now going to move out and pay your bills with your own earned money. Otherwise, shut your gob and do what they want under their roof.
>>
>>18524133
>septum piercing
Maybe your parents are ashamed they raised cattle; you sound like some stupid vapid whore that thinks dying your hair or getting tats somehow makes you unique and notable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.