[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever just dipped? I'm a young man tired of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: smoke.jpg (22KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smoke.jpg
22KB, 1280x720px
Has anyone ever just dipped? I'm a young man tired of my area code and life and I'd like a reset. How's California?
>>
>>18523686
California is a meat grinder. So is New York. So is literally any other metro you can think of. It's where the super success of one is built upon the crushed dreams of tens of thousands.
>>
>>18523686
Do you have a degree? Skills? Any reason to be worth more to an employer than is Pedro the Illegal? All the unskilled jobs have gone to foreigners, so you need a trade or a degree to move anywhere. It's not 1960 anymore and you can't be The Fugitive (who had a medical degree) after the one-armed man and live in barns working odd jobs these days.
>>
>>18523700
Fast food and rough it faggot. Location is the focus here gentlemen.
>>
>>18523700
Even if he has skills, it's still a bad idea. Lawyers that are the best in their town or small city will struggle to find any success in California and NYC. The hottest chicks in your HS and college will be average for their age group in these places.

Furthermore, metros attract a certain mentaility. People who burn out in LA will say, "It wasn't my fault that I failed. It was so-and-so's! I just need to go to NYC (or another metro). Everything will be different there!"

It won't. It never will be.
>>
I'd say Cali is completely out of the question unless you have access to a lot of money or you are well established and though of in your career. It's way too expensive and 99% of those people who go out there on a whim, thinking they'll be aboe to survive overpriced everything, end up having to move within a couple of years.

I'd recommend moving near a major city, but not in the city. Often living 10 to 30 miles outside a major metro area is way cheaper, but it also makes you relatively close to the action. Of course you'll probably need a car as well.

Oh and one more thing. Stay the fuck away from Colorado; we have way too many people moving here which has really ruined the quality of life for a lot of people. We are quickl becoming as bad as Cali.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (88KB, 1064x400px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
88KB, 1064x400px
I wanna move to Dubai so I don't ever gotta kick it with any of you guys
>>
>>18523706
Well, fast food will pay you roughly 15 bucks per hour in LA, which is the best minimum wage in the state. That said, because of this, all the fast food restaurants in the state are automating to eliminate jobs. Those left will be in higher demand because of this. But let's say you luck out and get it. A studio apartment will cost you around 2 grand per month, or 24 grand per year.

Presuming you pay 0 in taxes (you won't), work 40 hours per week (won't happen), you'll make 31,200 per year at that job. After rent, you'll have 7,200 for everything else (medical, dental, vision, groceries, car, insurance, and any entertainment). If you think you can survive on $138.46 per week after rent (again, presuming you are working for full time, and not including taxes, which are the highest in the nation), then give it a go.

Oh. Apartments typically require first and last months rent before they give you the key, so bring 4 thousand dollars with you.
>>
>>18523718
ur pessimistic aren't cha
>>
>>18523691
This. I'm actually trying to leave SoCal and go somewhere more rural. Fuck this big city horseshit
>>
>>18523725
Not at all. Only the story manager and assistant store manager get full time. You WILL pay taxes (roughly 6% in income IF you manage to make full time, somehow, and 8-10% in sales tax). Everything I've stated is completely realistic as to what you should expect.
>>
>>18523718
Not him, but nobody working fast food will get enough hours to qualify for insurance. This is 32 hours, so you are limited to 31 hours per week if your employer feels bold, and 28 hours per week if they want to avoid it at all costs.

So, unless you are management, you can only hope to gross $24,180 before taxes. As the other anon has said, a studio apartment (literally 1 room with a tiny bathroom in it) is gonna cost you 2 grand per month. It's impossible to live in Cali with a fast food job. After taxes, you won't be making enough to afford rent, let alone food or anything else.
>>
>>18523732
Where you looking to go?
>>
>>18523734
What should I do then?
>>
File: glacier national park.jpg (397KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
glacier national park.jpg
397KB, 1600x1200px
>>18523773
Well, I wouldn't go to California with the goal of working fast food. Again, its a city where the best of the best go to compete against each other. Most fail, and those that don't become wildly rich, and the most successful in the world.

If you aren't looking to do that, I would really recommend against any metro, as well as the state of California and New York.

If you're just looking for cool shit to do, plenty of states have that. This is in Montana, for example.
>>
>>18523784
cya redneck
>>
>>18523790
I don't really consider myself a redneck. I mean, I read a shit ton of philosophy books, play vidya games, and watch anime with the wife. Not exactly redneck behavior. But we do like to vacation in beautiful places that aren't tourist traps or metros.
>>
>>18523784
Holy shit, this is beautiful, please, tell me that this is one of those places who isn't filled with shitskins.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.