[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> fell for an amazing woman > infatuation grows over months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20170712_202421.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_202421.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
> fell for an amazing woman
> infatuation grows over months the more I get to know her
> finally decide to ask her out
> she has a partner already

I've lost the plot now. It'll be years before I meet someone as appealing to me, if I'm lucky. And I just have all sorts of crazy ideas whirling through my head like bumping into her accidentally on purpose a year from now on the off chance she's dumped the guy and other equally pathetic stuff.

It's been a week and I've already made an online dating account and been on two separate dates with cute, intelligent young ladies but I felt absolutely nothing.

I've never been one for dating and relationships but always thought it wouls be fun to give it a try for a while but now it just feels inconsequential.

What more can I do to rid myself of the torment?
>>
>>18522999
cut contact with her.

i used to be crazy about this one dude and keeping him around just killed me. I started to forget why I liked him so much as time went on because I was no longer reminded of why I liked him. The human mind adapts so use that to your advantage.

Delete pics of her, anything she gave you, any songs that remind you of her. and unfollow her everywhere.
>>
>>18522999
The more I read these threads the more my eyes open to the serious mental illness in society.
One girl said no, so what..
It's not the be all and end all of life.
It all works out.
>>
>>18523003
Thank you for your input, which is valid, but I did all of this right away. Our relationship was in the real world and neither of us use much social media anyway and I have no reason to frequent where she will be anymore so there really isn't a trace other than what's in my mind.
Still, if I'm trying to read or otherwise keep myself distracted I'll end up breaking my focus and en up thinking about her before too long anyway.
>>
>>18522999
>It's been a week and I've already made an online dating account and been on two separate dates with cute, intelligent young ladies but I felt absolutely nothing.
at least you find cute intelligent young ladies. there seems to be nothing and no one where I'm at. I mean, it's scary, there be monsters here.

I compartmentalize OP. there's likely going to be a some part of me that is always going to love this one woman like I did for the only other woman I've felt that strongly for... but it doesn't affect day to day functioning or emotions unless I want to feel all that.

well that's not entirely true, her eyes, smile, voice, and laugh still completely drop my guard and I can't do much about it I don't think.

dating has always seemed unfun and inconsequential to me. welcome to the world of knowing exactly what you want and not having to look. the only reason I look still is because I figure it lowers the time frame until I maybe meet someone else similar.
>>
>>18523013
I can understand this too. What helped me was realizing that I was thinking about him and shouting "NO!" in my mind and imagining a brick wall blocking him out. You have to stop yourself in your tracks when you think about her. This will be difficult at first because thinking of someone you miss can feel addictive and somewhat comforting even if it makes you sad.
>>
>>18523007
I'm 27 and have no problem meeting women but there are only 3 times in my life I've met someone and really been able to envision building a relationship. One of those times led a fruitful relationship which ran it's course, but this feels even stronger even though no romantic relationship even got off the ground.

Call it mental illness if you like, but it's realistic to think that kind of attraction may never come around again and that, at the moment at least, feels like a truly horrible prospect. I know it will pass in time, I'm just here to see if there's any ideas to make that time as brief as possible.
>>
>>18523024
Thank you sir.

It sounds like a melodramatic soap cliche but do you ever have that feeling that you can choose not to feel or turn it into bitterness to fuel something like a workout programme but then it feels hollow?
>>
>>18523024
>some part of me that is always going to love this one woman, unless I cut it out completely like I did for the only other woman
ftfm
>>
>>18523041
yeah I get what you're saying exactly but it's not bitterness for me. its more like the space in my feels and thoughts that was occupied by a thing then isn't occupied by that thing and it feels hollow until I fill that space with something else, like a workout programme. or in the case of my last breakup, starting a business.

most people do this subconsciously, you and I would just seem to be more self aware of the process as things rearrange in our heads. also means we can do it faster and more on demand as we need to. I think, idfk. it's some weird shit. but yes I get what you're saying.
>>
>>18523007
Youre a fucking idiot if you think thats mental illness. Shit has been like that for a very very long time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.