[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single good online forum for general discussion left?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: trashbin.jpg (37KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trashbin.jpg
37KB, 1000x1000px
Is there a single good online forum for general discussion left? So far, every image board has been disappointing and/or creepy. On the other hand, Facebook is Big Brother, and Reddit is cancer.

Is there anywhere to go?
>>
>>18522884
Plenty of places. I don't know what you're looking for, where you've tried, and why you found each lacking, though. Also, wherever you go online, there's bound to be some form of moderation.
>>
>>18522915
Any suggestions? 4chan was good until it became too popular.
>>
>>18522939
8 chan, probably.
>>
>>18522939

Tumblr
>>
>>18522944
8 chan was taken down, and the remnants look really strange.

>>18523829
I never thought I'd hear that suggestion on 4chan. I could give Tumblr a shot.
>>
>>18523955
lol tumblr isnt good for discussion for news/photos sorta yeah
>>
>>18523964
lol ok thx 4 letting me kno
>>
by this point there's no reason for a general discussion forum
everything can be whittled down to interest specific forums or isn't worth discussing in the first place
>>
Twitter, facebook, Tumblr shit like that.
>>
Honestly the way reddit gets shit on around here is a little ridiculous.

I'm no fan of the upvote system either, but that "le reddit XDDD" culture doesn't pervade the whole site. I don't have an account and I spend way more time on here than there - no, seriously, don't fucking start with that "you have to go back" bullshit - but I stumble across some of the smaller subreddits on occasion when googling and a lot of them are ... fucking fine, honestly. Nothing remarkable, but not "cancer." Forums like any other.

If image board culture isn't your thing and you refuse to join reddit because of its reputation then I suggest you start looking for something more niche, related to one of your interests. Almost every forum has a large general discussion section.
>>
File: go back.png (267KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
go back.png
267KB, 800x820px
>>18524798
I guess you are turbo normie if you dont find reddit as
[deleted]
[removed]
[removed by mod]
[deleted]

On that place you can read only supported ideology. Basically one huge circlejerk.

Oh and bots reposting comments automatically to farm karma. Fuck that [deleted]
GOLD
Edit: thanks for gold!

The thread was locked due to hostility.
>>
>>18522939
4chan has been too popular since 2007/2008, your newfaggotry is showing.
>>
>>18524811
The amount of time I'm going to spend defending a site I don't have an account on is pretty low (literally the only reason I'm even talking about this is because I'm sick of the constant "go back to plebbit" posts on here, a website I actually like going on, unlike reddit).

Anyone can create a subreddit. That means there are hundreds of subreddits that have a free-for-all anything goes culture like here and disdain moderation and downvoting. Obviously there are also many that don't. The site doesn't have a unified culture any more than fucking blogspot.

It's just a message board. Actually, less than that, it's a collection of disparate message boards. Despise reddit if you like, I really don't care, just quit with the reddit boogieman shitposting already, it's incredibly tiresome.
>>
>>18524842
K.

What subs do you visits?
>if it isnt too personal for you?
>>
>>18524781
>there's no purpose for a general discussion board
he says, on 4chan. of course, 4chan is divided up by topic, but I would certainly describe the sites as a whole as "general." the only time it's not general is when entire boards get the same mental illness and just repeat themselves for years

>>18524798
the fact that there isn't an option to turn the upvote/downvote system off is damning enough. I'll say that reddit is okay for specific topics, but that's about it. it turns into a validation game, just like Facebook, and I hate that.

>>18524785
did you even read the op?

>>18524838
>4chan has been too popular since 2007/2008, your newfaggotry is showing
1. I didn't say anything to the contrary
2. the popularity problem has been getting steadily worse, as people who join the site are increasingly sheeplike and generally stupid
3. being here ten years (I came in 2007) is not exactly 'new.'

>>18524842
and can't people click your username and see every post you've ever made? it's fake anonymity. it's really terrible. if something is important enough, it should (although I know this is not always the case, considering that websites are expensive to run) get its own website. an important topic deserves better than a subreddit, is all I'm saying.
>>
bump

haven't gotten one suggestion, unless you consider the remnants of 8 chan a suggestion
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.