[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type of Christian churches are most likely to read straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: blogger-image-993462470.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-993462470.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
What type of Christian churches are most likely to read straight from the bible on Sundays? I'm interested in starting to go to Church, but I'm not sure if I'd want to hear a priest's opinion too much...mostly, I think hearing someone read from the bible would be very comfy and a good way to get closer to God.
>>
>>18522864
I would like to know too. Also, which christian churches have the least amount of singing?
>>
Come to the Catholic Church it's pretty chill
>>
>>18522864

Some dehydrated, wandering, desert Jew just made the shit up in the Bible to rationalizes his Jewry. How is this going to get you any closer to god?

Jesus's message was literally meant for the Jews.

Pay no attention to other peoples' gay religions.

This faggotry has got to end!
>>
>>18522864
>>18522890
If you're looking for a straight up reading of the bible, just purchase an audio book of The Message bible.

Priests and the like generally read, and then break down the lessons.
>>
>>18522864
Quakers
>>
>>18522864
don't mean to sound like a fedora tipper but:
all churches teach some kind of interpretation

t.former christian who church hopped with parents
>>
>>18522913
>Jesus's message was literally meant for the Jews.

You might want to read and study Acts 10:1-48; 11:1-18.
>>
>>18522864
I'm. It familiar with other churches than Catholic, however a lot depends on the priest. Some repeat what was on the Bible and give the interpretation of what the meaning was. They all do not just express their opinion or talk about something else. You could try going to different masses with different priests until you find the one you like. Then just go to the mass that priest says.
To all of the non-religious fanatics on here filling out their opinion on religious beliefs and calling it stupid, faggots etc, just shut the fuck up. It's a personal choice that doesn't hurt anyone and the OP came with a question not a lecture on how various people feel about religion.
>>
I've been to a few different Catholic churches before, but I've only been to Catholic churches, so I only know the differences I've been told.
What they usually start out with is some songs, followed by a small scripture from the bible. After reading it, the priest talks about its meaning and how we can establish that into our own lives.
If a priest is ever biased, it's usually something really general that mostly all priests would agree on anyways. It's not like they'll talk about politics or something really devisive. And the teachings bible is pretty simple and easy to interpret anyways, so that's never really a problem for "what if he teaches me some wrong interpretation".
Then after that, it's some prayers, more songs, and then it's over.
Catholic churches are just slightly more strict and directly respectful, using older hymns and such.
>>
Str8 from the Bibel reads orthodoxy
>>
depends why you want to go to church. i was raised Mormon. left at 27 ish. they have a very strong community but very little bible focus. mostly the book of Mormon. I left because I realised no church is true. point is, if you want community, join any church. shop around top toy find one that you like. other wise, why not just get a audio bible and read it yourself? people like Martin Luther and john Calvin were killed to get the bible written in their own language so they could read and interpret it themselves. and not have a Catholic priest read it in Latin.
whatever you do, skip the pedo priest church with the sjw pope that sits on a solid gold throne.
>>
>>18523288
you've never been christian, you grew up in a scifi polygamy cult
>>
>>18522864
They all do. You do get the preacher's opinion in most, though. If you want short sermons, go to an Episcopalian (if you're American) or Catholic church.
>>
>>18523288
>asked about Christian churches
>describes Mormonism
>>
>>18522864
>Christian Church that reads from the bible

Seventh-day Adventist. However, we worship on Saturdays, because that is what the bible indicates as the holy day.
>>
>>18522864
Most of the Bible is stolen from other works so just read what it stole from. Start with The Epic of Gilgamesh since the birth of Adam was stolen from the creation if Enkidu and Noah's ark is also from this
>>
>>18522913
>Hey guys, I want to make pancakes, what's a good recipe?
>FUCK YOU, PANCAKES ARE GAY!

>>18522864
over here, that would be mostly 'independent' churches
we have the Catholic and the protestant state church and then there's a lot of smaller churches of people who are ja happy with either of those because they feel they are not close enough to the bible anymore
not all of them consist of only reading from it, but I think it always depends on the people visiting
>>
Where am I most likely to find a young Christian girl at church?
>>
>>18523913
Because I can look up pictures of congregations in my area...looks mostly like old people.
>>
>>18523913
I met my gf at s Catholic Church.

She is great. She is really fun to be with. She is completely uniniterested with social media and general pop culture degeneracy.
>>
>>18522864
>>18522890

I was raised catholic. Definitely fits the bill.

Im no longer religious at all but i will say: dont let the pedophile priest news deter you. Theyre mostly incredibly humble and compassionate people.

There are like 410,000 priests worldwide. It takes an extremely small percentage of that number to be pedophiles who found an easy access to community trust and access to kids to look like a big number.

The news just has to find like 20 cases and people lose their shit.

In fact thats kind of the problem with everything now and all the us vs. Them. People not understanding raw numbers vs. Percentages.... Sorry for getting off topic..
>>
>>18523913
Devout catholics.

Theyre crazy about hell and demons and that any sin on your slate when you die is punished. Which is why they do last rights and confession.

My grandmother was very old and very sick and wanted to die. When the nurse offered her medication for a cold or a flu thatd do her in, she had to say yes, as refusing the medicine would have been suicide.

Straight to hell.

Anyway, thats where you get a really good woman.

Theyre far more disciplined than your born agains. They seem to feel they have a carte blanche because of that whole "once saved always saved" thing.

Anywho, im not religious which lessens my bias. Its there but thats as objective as i can be about this. Also raised catholic.
>>
>>18522864
Both the Roman-Catholics and the Orthodox have regular scripture readings from a scripture reading plan and fairly short homilies compared to evangelicalism, OP.

If you wanna go Protty the Old-Catholics (Utrecht Union), and a lot of Lutheran Churches should fit your bill as well. Some high church Anglicans perhaps as well.

Hope I could help.

>>18523913
Quantity wise most likely in the youth groups of evangelical mega churches with contemporary worship, quality wise in Orthobro, Tradcath, or traditional Lutheran Circles. Which are hard to enter though as a newcomer to a degree where someone would marry his daughter off to you.
>>
Look for a church that is sola scriptura, like the Baptists. Catholism is based on the doctrine of prima scriptura, and therefore wrongly asserts that authority on the will of God can come from other places than the Bible. Please disregard the heretics in this thread. Catholism isn't real Christianity.
>>
>>18522913
The faggotry will end as soon as you stop tipping your fedora. You people are naught but rabid dogs that start foaming at the mouth every time someone mentions Christ.
>>
Catholics all go to hell.
Satan worship hurr.
>>
>>18522864
Want a non bias, true word of God, consistently across all churches? Go to calvary chapel. Everything will become clear.
>>
>>18522864
Go to your local ICOC and they will read straight from the Bible and try to indoctrinate you. Oh, you're not a Christian if you don't follow out Mathew 28 either. Or if you marry non believers, or don't follow every xyz rule to the letter
>>
>>18525515
Oh yeah, I knew a guy in that and they had convinced him that no other denomination was actually "Christian" because Lutherans, Baptists, Calvinists, etc., are all named after people instead of Jesus.
>>
Great suggestions guys. Bumping thread for more.
>>
>>18522864
If you want to get closer kys pls
>>
File: 0074_14[1].gif (20KB, 458x236px) Image search: [Google]
0074_14[1].gif
20KB, 458x236px
>>18525215
>worshiping the egyptian cookie gods
>>
>>18525515
>ICOC
Reading up on them, wow, they're kind of interesting in a way that only cults can pull off.
>>
>>18522864
Make sure they read 2 Kings 2:23-25. Best part of the bible.
>>
>>18523130
You know the Old Testament was literally a bunch of old Jewish laws, right?
>The Old Testament doesn't count, except when I want to use Leviticus to prove that being gay is a sin!
>>
>>18527429
>Chick Tracts
Fucking kek. All praise Harold Penisman.
>>
>>18522864
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.