[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend threatened to breakup with me if I don't get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: received_1711619985808671.jpg (28KB, 637x820px) Image search: [Google]
received_1711619985808671.jpg
28KB, 637x820px
Girlfriend threatened to breakup with me if I don't get my social Anxiety together.

>wants to go out on dates
>suffer from panic attacks
>not medicating
>meditating for 6 months now
>nothing seems to work
What would you advise for someone with crippling panic attacks?
>>
>>18522569
alcohol
>>
>>18522574
I have tried that and it seems that I still have them while intoxicated
>>
>>18522569
You desensitize yourself to them. Go out to a coffee shop, order a coffee, and force yourself to sit in the shop for 1 hour. Shit like that.
>>
>>18522569
It could be from something medical.
Some panic attacks are related to Parkinson's disease
Otherwise you should really go and get checked out.
Maybe you do need medication
>>
Just do have panic attacks
>>
>>18522569
Rape her so she can't leave. Anxiety problems solved, she will never want to make eye contact with anyone ever again.
>>
>>18522569
It is important to be able to handle your anxiety, for your sake and other other people's sake. Like .. No pressure, but don't be more trouble than you're worth, you know? OK yeah, some pressure, but it's meant to be healthy pressure.

>What would you advise for someone with crippling panic attacks?
Do you have access to a mental healthcare provider?
>>
>>18522621
I'll try that. I'll try to go without her because she kind of induces them. Gets me all worked up sexually, then fast heart beat and a panic attack later.
>>18522626
I have a family history of stroke, Alzheimer's and diabetes
>>18522634
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, shows her who's the boss.
>>
>>18522684
I'm not able to afford healthcare at the moment and even the one that I do qualify for, doesn't have anything for mental therapy.
I have had like new age hippie shamans try to cure me of my anxiety. Helped with showing me to meditate. I know I am doing something right because I feel sensations of an altered state of mind. But later in the day I will have them. We did agree that, I'm not really scared of socializing. It's that I'm scared of having an episode while in a social environment.
>>
>>18522569
OP, your problem is imminently solvable.

This is no joke. ---> Go out into public, put yourself into the scariest imaginable situation, and have your faggity, tiny, little, bitch panic attacks. Repeat this until you get over it.

Stop being a little bitch. You don't need special therapy or a pill, just courage. You think I'm being an ass hole but I'm not. Accept the fact that right now you are a cowardly little insecure bitch. Don't beat yourself up for it and don't accept this as a permanent condition though. You really need to through out all the feminized, "Progressive", victim worship culture, stop lying to yourself that "nothing works" and go out ans socialize, learn about socializing, experiment socially until your ovaries drop and grow into testicle.

I love you.
>>
>>18522750
I love you too, I needed that. Thank you. I'll will save this into my lock screen reminder.
>>
>>18522713
>It's that I'm scared of having an episode while in a social environment
That is an accurate definition of social anxiety disorder. I appreciate that you are doing something at all to overcome your anxiety, but going back to
>Girlfriend threatened to breakup with me if I don't get my social Anxiety together
Don't be more trouble that you're worth having around. This is not an evaluation of YOU specifically. But it is dysfunctional to be in a relationship with someone who experiences anxiety who never finds the tools to cope with it.

Anxiety is rooted in feeling a need to avoid something. Social anxiety disorder is avoiding social situations. Illness anxiety disorder is sensing a physical problem, be it real or imaginary (usually imaginary), and taking measures to avoid feeling it any further. Phobias are anxieties specific to a particular situation or stimulus, and the resulting impulse to avoid it.

Being in a relationship with someone with a pervasive need for avoidance is a huge turn-off. I don't want to make it a long story, but my last girlfriend, citing anxiety and resulting physical nausea, would find any reason to get out of going to class at university. She has failed more than one course because of avoidance. Huge turn-off.
>>
I go to meetings for my mental health. Through them I have learned tools that I use it I have symptoms like panics, feeling low etc. If you'd like to learn more about it you can go to recoveryinternational.org, or you can ask me here. :-)
The main book we read is Mental Health Through Will Training by Dr Abraham A. Low, Recovery's founder. It has been very helpful to me.
>>
>>18522750
This is a good approximation of how a psychological therapist would treat social anxiety disorder, though it would be tracked by a regulated schedule of exposure and response. Exposure is the major way to overcome one's anxieties, but if you could find a professional's help, there would be a better measure of oversight that might make the process smoother.
>>
>>18522781
I'm trying to do the best I can, and I find it passive to just take a pill, instead finding the cause. My girlfriend want's me to medicate for an instant fix. I'm not really about that, I don't want the easy way out.
>>
>>18522790
I appreciate the help very much. Where do you find your meetings or where can I go to one? I will check the website and download a digital copy of the book.
>>
>>18522812
There is a list of meetings on the website, and there are also phone meetings and chat meetings if you don't have a face to face meeting nearby.

. Libraries often have the book or you can order it online or on the website.
>>
>>18522774

PLEASE BROTHER, take my advice and DO IT, don't just use it for motivation, you'll be feeding your fucked up emotion and reward circuits in your brain if you just think about what I said without actually doing anything about it.

And you got to put that energy (anxiety) to use. Exercise every day, eat healthy, cut back on carbs, sugars, processed food, eat massive fiber, seafood, vegetables, etc. and get good sleep.

Here is your motivation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>18522811
Medication alone does not produce reliably high recovery rates. Exposure and response therapy like >>18522750 loosely suggested combined with medication has typically produced the best recovery results. The support you get from other people with similar experiences may be able to stand in for professional assistance. Indeed, I would advocate for cognitive behavioral therapy or social support before I would suggest medication.
>>
File: catbuuuu.png (121KB, 264x257px) Image search: [Google]
catbuuuu.png
121KB, 264x257px
>>18522833
>>
>>18522826
I'll be heading out a meeting on my day off from work. Thank you again!

>>18522833
I am going to, I have started running and weightlifting again. I'm actually on a keyogenic diet, which the doctor recommended.
>>
>>18522845
Doctor recommended the same thing.
>>
>>18522569
go to therapy and get meds if what you're doing now isn't helping.

being with someone who has untreated mental illness is exhausting. It's very selfish to expect a partner to put up with your mental illness if you do not get it treated. Your mental illness is your responsibility so get on it.

I'm saying this as someone who is mentally ill. I would fully expect my boyfriend to dump me if I let my mental illness control my life like I used to.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.