[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had lasik or prk surgery? Want to get it done but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: eye.jpg (246KB, 2000x2140px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
246KB, 2000x2140px
Has anyone had lasik or prk surgery? Want to get it done but also don't want to fuck up my eyes. Opinions?
>>
i have. its literally one of the 5 if not top 3 best decisions ive ever made. i had lasik not prk though
>>
i have. its literally one of the 5 if not top 3 best decisions ive ever made. i had lasik not prk though
>>
>>18522539
Not OP but, as a person who sits next to a screen all day and fucked up his vision that way, if I get lasik will my eyesight quickly drop down to what it was pre surgery if I continue to stare at a screen for 4+ hours each day or will it take a couple of years?
>>
Got lasik 5 months ago, best decision I've made in a while
They walk you through it, and a machine does all the hard work. They have me a Xanax beforehand to calm down, but I didn't need it. It's like a 15 minute procedure, they numb you up and the only bad thing is pressure on your eye when they cut the flap. I instantly felt my eyesight was better, and after about 2 weeks, it was back to normal. Feels great not having to put on glasses or deal with contacts
>>
>>18522647
You cant kill your eye sight by using it. Stop being retarded. There is a link between having enough sun light as a kid and not having short-sightedness, but that is all.

You having shit eyesight is GENETICS!

>>18522477
Op flip a coin. If tail, your eyes will get better. If head, your eyes will be the same or a little worse. And if it lands on side, you will be blind.

Then decide if the risk is worth it.
>>
>>18523083
>And if it lands on side, you will be blind.
is this seriously a thing though or is this just a meme spread by people who cant afford lasik?
>>
>>18523101
Ever noticed how doctors make you sign some papers before any operation? Try reading them once before you sign. Every anesthesia has a chance you wont wake up even if operation goes right. Same with vaccination or this one. You can get infection. The doctor can fuck up. The eyewash you get after can be faulty.

Every operation can fuck up grandiously. It is up to you to weight the risks vs the effects considering you dont need to take the risk in the first place.

And really, eye laser operation which just did nothing or make the vision even worse arent that uncommon. Ofc doctors wont tell you, they want your money. It is bussiness after all.
>>
>>18522647
sorry for the late reply. i dont know i just had pretty bad vision my whole life and i spent about as much time in front of a screen as you do. basically i still do and as far as i can tell my vision is just as good as it was when i got the surgery (haven't seen an eye doctor since and that 6 years ago)
>>
>>18523138
>>18523083
and to address these points i had to sign a paper that basically states that it was explained to me that the doctor had complete x amount of procedures in a row without incident (his happened to be in the TENS of thousands)
>>
>>18523213
Good for you that you scored tails on that coin flip.

How many diopters you had before operation, how many do you have now and how much did it cost you?
>and how long were you blind after operation?
>>
The risk of turning blind is non-existent. You should be more worried about more common side-effects like rippled flap or dry eyes. Diminished night vision to the point of not being able to drive. Infection.

I had Lasik done three months ago and my eyes are still dry, though incredibly better compared to the beginning. I am not as dependent on eye drops anymore, luckily, but I still need them daily. At night, lights are hightened though this is supposed to go away after a few months as well. My night vision overall is not as good as before. It is slightly foggy but nothing actually disturbing.

The procedure of Lasik is really impressive. The doctors nailed the correction perfectly. I went from -6.00 to 0.00 on both eyes. The whole thing is completely painless, which is the biggest difference with PRK. I was able to see immediately after the procedure, though you have to keep your eyes closed the first day to let the flap heal. The flap is the biggest worry. Ripples in the flap can diminish your sight significantly. I made sure not to sneeze during the first two weeks and I'm still wary about touching or rubbing my eyes.

I was very anxious especially after the procedure. My vision was foggy for the first week. It appeared I had increased eye pressure. All the while I still had 10/10 vision so that was confusing. The procedure is still pretty invasive even though it's painless. I wasn't able to seriously work on University tasks until after two weeks. With the dry eyes, I would tear up all the time. Your vision gets blurry for a few seconds, sometimes minutes during two months after the procedure.
>>
>>18523138
What country do you live in? I had it done in Belgium. No anaesthesia needed. The whole thing took 45 mins. I also had to sign a paper that explained all of the possible side-effects.
>>
>>18523283
All this to say you have to make an informed decision. It is still an invasive procedure with an array of side-effects that can happen. So it is not the amazingly perfect life-changing operation people want you to believe it is. If you're perfectly comfortable wearing glasses and your correction isn't as big as mine was (-6.00), I am not sure I would take the risk. Plus the price tag of course.
>>
>>18523228
>How many diopters you had before operation, how many do you have now
i had no idea what any of this means. are you refering to perscription? i didnt know what it was before but my surgery boasted potential 20/10 in each eye but two diff eye docs shortly after put me at 20/20 each eye. it cost me 3k usd but i basically payed for a name brand doctor (he actually help develop the technology/techniques)

>and how long were you blind after operation?
>blind
you literally start seeing the next day. the day of, youre just going to want to pass the fuck out. you basically have full vision (but better)in a couple weeks. however, that doesnt mean youre in the clear and can go about nonchalantly enjoying your new improved vision without worry. if you got lasik (with the flap) that flap takes a looong time to heal and you have to take quite a few different eyedrops for a decent amount of time (basically to prevent infection and to keep the eye lubed). i remember needed to do this for maybe two months ish. i could be completely wrong about that though
>>
>>18523407
and i forgot to mention the flap takes FOREVER to heal so you have to avoid high contact activity like sports for some fuck awful time period like 6 months or a year.
>>
Best decision I've ever done.
>>
>>18522477
If you're worried go in for one eye at a time so even if the lazor malfunctions and blows a hole through your head all you get out of it is a multimillion dollar settlement and a bitchin' eye patch.

Get it done at a facility that has done +thousands of the surgeries, not one of those discount mall kiosk places, and you'll be fine. Just read up on complications so you know ahead of time what to expect after the surgery and the after-care, but it's fucking fine. We're goddamn good at it now. It's about as risky as getting a tattoo any more, and none of those bitchfaggot hipsters are dropping over dead.

>"flip a coin and you might die lol"
>I guarantee this faggot drinks "homeopathic magic potions" to cure his impacted bowels
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.