[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's difference?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: lUG.jpg (92KB, 1036x676px) Image search: [Google]
lUG.jpg
92KB, 1036x676px
Brands don't matter, gonna buy a cheap (not the cheapest tho.) luggage and was wondering what's the difference between A and B?

A is just regular and has no plastic cover.
B has a plastic cover outside.

Can we say one is better than the other, solely on the cover?
>>
I think it's a matter of preference. Both have their pros and cons. Just figure out what you need and pick once based on that.
>>
>>18521303
Depends on your budget.

If you are on a low-mid budget go with type A, if you want to spend more money (and get luggage that will last you for decades) go with a hardshell from a decent manufacturer
>>
Type B is much more resilient.
If you travel a lot and expect your luggage to go through a beating, or if you have valuable or fragile objects B is more secure.
I believe A is lighter weight though.
>>
>>18521303
It's luggage not a life altering decisions. Throw your shit in a backpack if it's this hard to make a decision.
>>
>>18521303
Dont get the plastic ones. I saw some baggage handlers throw one of the plastic ones and it cracked and all the contents spilled out. also the wheels tend to pop off those ones more. I once got expensive type A cases and the customs people were too lazy (or stupid idk) to unzip it and just cut it open with a stanley knife. I travel internationally a lot so i've seen it all, now i just buy low-mid range type A cases.
>>
>>18521798
Not op but wtf? Which country's custom did that?
>>
>>18521303
One is more resistant to impact from outside forces and more water resistant. It's also easier to pick out from the luggage pickup thing if you take a plane.
>>
>>18522877
All of them do it under the right circumstances, or just bad luck. People try to hide drugs in the liners, for example.
>>
>>18522949
>under the right circumstances

What's the chance of it happening to your average traveler? I know such things happen but haven't heard it happen to regular people.
I can easily see it happening to people visiting Israel or Ukraine tho.
>>
>>18521303
Type B is better it has 4 wheels. If you're gonna travel in a medium sized plane like the 737 it's gonna be easier for the baggage handlers to stack your bag in the baggage compartment. they won't have to throw it. that's implying that's there's no carpet system or anything inside the compartment.
>>
>>18521303
my stepdad travels for a living and he says to avoid the plastic ones. the guys who throw luggage will be less gentle with the shelled ones because they figure they are less fragile. He always buys big fabric ones so I think you should too.
>>
>>18522972
is israel that bad?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.