[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >18 >want to be a writer >parents nag me to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>be me
>18
>want to be a writer
>parents nag me to type ideas on my computer
>don't want to because i'm afraid that i'll look like some tumblr faggot

How can i write ideas and stories as an 18 yo and not look like some naruto fanfiction writer?
>>
>>18520923
Stop being self conscious and just write dude.
>>
Write by hand into some book, the absence of undo will make more precise in thinking about your ideas. Additionally, it's nice to have it all compressed and organized in one "thing".
But definitely do >>18520953
>>
>>18520969
>>18520953

and don't forget: drafts and planning
every storry will be shit if you stay on the first draft and don't plan a general structure
>>
>>18520923
>purchase suitable notebook or writing pad
>purchase cheap but decent quality fountain pen and a bottle of ink
>commence writing
that's it, literally that simple
>>
The hardest part is getting started, many writers say that 80% of the work is starting. It doesn't matter where or when, or even if the writing gets posted anywhere, just start typing.

List some ideas for stories, characters, settings, then write some small summaries for the story, then write a scene. Doesn't have to be the first scene, just a scene in the story you want to flesh out. If it doesn't seem to work then move on. Once you get the story you like and want to work more on. Write 5-10 pages for a scene and then share that online or with friends for some feedback. The hardest part about writing a detailed world is to think out lots of things but only show small snippets of it. Don't have a character explain their backstory and motivations all at once, put them in a situation that brings out a big part of themselves and have the reader infer things about the character given what you have revealed. Even if no one reads it, it is fun.
>>
>>18520923
Write stuff, keep some throw away some. Produce materials that you will be able to gather and aggregate. Try different techniques such as pastiche/cut-up. Write sober, correct high/drunk. Find a process that works for you.
>>
>>18520923
Just write dude. And look at your local community college to see if they have creative writing courses. Go to book readings at local book stores. Also, to be a better writer, read more.
>>
Do it. Your writing will look bad at first but just keep at it and make it a habit and eventually you'll be able to be more comfortable with your personal style.
>>
>>18520923
Writing is rewriting. Good writers don't just shit out smooth prose. Your writing will suck at first, perhaps more than tumblr and fanfiction.

My advice? Get over yourself. Write, and then rewrite. The more you practice getting the words on the paper the better you get at polishing up your prose so it doesn't sound poor.

Good luck! I really hope you do start writing. It can be very fulfilling!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.