[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Am I doing it wrong? Whenever I went on date, I always dressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (367KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
367KB, 1280x720px
Am I doing it wrong?

Whenever I went on date, I always dressed moderate, like Jean or t-shirt or long dress, long sleeve.
I thought if he really interested, the way I dress wouldn't be a problem. Of course I can wear short skirt or something girl like but I want them to see me as for who I am not how I am present myself.
But recently I felt like I was wrong, I felt like men would want a girl that dressed for them,a girl can boots their esteem.
I don't have much luck in dating just because of this way of thinking. Like I tested them only to fail myself.

So tell me guys. If a girl dressed moderate and a girl dressed somewhat reveals which one would you stick around? Considering they're both good looking.
>>
>>18520901
you're overthinking this, fembot:
>neither a slob nor a slut be
>>
>>18520901
I think what you're wearing matters much less than how you're wearing it and how you carry yourself, as well as overall hygiene. Being clean and graceful is something that benefits all people.
>>
>>18520901
Do not wear a t-shirt to a first date. I look down on every girl who dresses so lazily for a first date. Guys do want girls who dress nice. Not slutty, but nice.
>>
>>18520901
>a girl can boots their esteem.
>I want them to see me as for who I am not how I am present myself.

Guys are attracted to girls with good grammar and spelling, have you thought that might be the problem?
>>
>>18520919
I am pretty confident with my hygiene. I always try to smell good and all, so its not a problem.
>>18520924
Not like a Pull T-shirt, here I meant a simply shirt not too revealing.
I am somewhat Boho style, I don't know if guys can bare with it, sometimes I can be totally like this girl
>>
I wouldn't give a shit in the long run if you came wearing a spacesuit. If you carry yourself well it's all good.
Would you really like to invest time in somebody that cares if you're adequately coordinating your outfit? Unless you're very interested in fashion and that sort, then I guess you want to attract those kinds of people.
>>
>>18520929
LOL Im not native English speaker
>>
>>18520901
It doesn't have to be revealing, but even I as a man want to show myself from my good side for a date and dress accordingly and expect that from a woman who's interested in me too.
>>
>>18520934
These outfits look awful. Untidy, shapeless, hair messy in disgusting way...
>>
>>18520974
This is my style unfortunately except for the hairstyle to be honest
>>
>>18520901
>So tell me guys. If a girl dressed moderate and a girl dressed somewhat reveals which one would you stick around? Considering they're both good looking.
Personally, the modestly dressed one, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist.
I'd rather have a girlfriend who dresses modestly when we are out, but dresses down in private.
>>
>>18520987
Don't be surprised most guys are not into girls who look like hobo-druggies
It's just not attractive
>>
>I thought if he really interested, the way I dress wouldn't be a problem.
I've been on a date with a girl who doesn't really dress as girly as other girls and honestly, that gives me the impression that I'm not worth it for her to dress a little better. We are on a date after all. That's my thought process and it's also a turn off.
>>
>>18520996
I never know that Guys find it not attractive

>>18520999
I meant not dressing fancy, of course I still dress up on some level, I am not type of girl who wear yoga pant and runner on dates
>>
>>18521009
>I never know that Guys find it not attractive

Now you know
>>
two simple rules
dress for the occation
if you're going on a tinder date to KFC dress sexy-casual
if you're going on a serious date to a fancy restaurant dress formal-[whateve_level_of_sexuality_you_feel_comfortable_with_as_long_as_it_is_not_sluty_here]
dress confidently
if you feel confident in a custom print T-shirt with a obscure sci-fi reference you wear that T-shirt

if you can't find a way follow both rules, go shopping for a day
>>
>>18521020
So pretty much it is our confidence no matter what we wear.
I do dressed up sexy or revealing but I avoid to do so on dates, especially first few dates cause I don't want men to only think of me sexually. Like "hey this girl is hot, it can make up for her personality"
>>
File: 1499881235349.jpg (63KB, 539x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1499881235349.jpg
63KB, 539x512px
Me and my 5 male friends could not give a shit about what you wear, outside the extreme. The important part is that you're hot.
>>
>>18521061
how to know if a girl is hot or not?
>>
>>18521073
We don't have much of a saying.
>>
what you wear says a lot about yourself, your lifestyle, your values, your priorities etc, so yes it matters.

on the other hand, don't dress different to what you want to dress. it would send wrong messages and thus attract people who aren't really compatible.

for example: you feel your best in jeans and a shirt. if you would go to a date in a lbd and heels, it might wow your date, but it's just not you. so later down the road it would lead to issues. he signed up for a girl who likes to dress elegantly. now he's stuck with a girl who only wears jeans and shirts. or the opposite might be true. he might be looking for a down to earth girl and then you show up in a fancy dress, shich will immediately make him feel uneasy. so just go as you are until you find someone who's looking for the exact thing that you are without putting on an act.
>>
>>18521073
If they have a boob
>>
>>18521084
This. Pretty. Much.
That's why I dressed moderately cause that's who I am. I only dress up fancy for special occasions and/or for some places with a dress code, other than that I choose to be comfortable with what I wear.
Apparently it isn't meet the expectations of men or the guys I went on dates with.
I studied fashion and design so I can confident that I have style, neat and clean
>>
>>18521110
then why do you care? the men who don't like the way you dress wouldn't fit you anyways, so nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>18521084
This is best advice youcan get here anonette.
>>
>>18521084
This. My friend wears tshirts, flannels and jeans. That's who she is, and if a guy had a problem with it, it'd mean he had a problem with who she is as a person and she's just not going to settle for a guy who has that attitude.
>>
>>18521455
This
Maybe the type of guys she's into are Chad.
Only Chad wants girls who dressed nicely and follow trend, sexy and revealing (on some level) as long as it shows she's hot
So it's your choice of guy not the guy himself
>>
>>18520913
did you write "be" on purpuse?

because that is funny, lol "neither a slob nor a slut be"

like saying "neither this or that be"
>>
>>18522307
Yes, it's a paraphrase of a Shakespeare quote from Hamlet. It means "don't be a slob, or a slut." (as in, the way you dress).
>>
>>18521052
if it is a date with the goal of a relationship that involves more than banging, yes
>>
File: 1496072673157.png (299KB, 542x664px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1496072673157.png
299KB, 542x664px
>>18520901
Let me be honest with you sister baby it really doesn't matter what you wear because I'm just happy that I'm going out on a date with a girl. The best thing you can do is to wear something comfortable that you really like and not forget your personality at home.

Wear your personality and people have no reason to leave if it's right match.

If you physically want to look good the best thing you can do is just exercise and diet
>>
I was thinking about this the other day. Yeah if a girl shows up to a date dressing very casually I will instantly assume she doesn't give a shit about me.
I dress very casual every day but for a date I do my best effort. I expect the girl to make some effort herself. If she doesn't try to impress me in the slightest with the way she dresses (even though she doesn't "need" to) I will assume she doesn't care about me or the date and that she thinks I can easily be replaced by any other guy.
>>
File: skirt.jpg (287KB, 870x1110px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skirt.jpg
287KB, 870x1110px
>>18520901
I don't need chicks to dress up, but I never overly cared for pants. A long skirt is fine, though. I'd consider this moderate.

First dates are usually where both parties try and show off to one another. If you don't bother, it makes you seem like you aren't interested.
>>
>>18520901
Would you be ok if he showed up in a sweat shirt covered in dirt, sweat pants, and slippers, or would you think he just didn't even give enough of a shit to try?
>>
>ynf a nice hippy girl...
>>
>>18523781
Those aren't hippie girls, those are just the average basic girls that only dress like that for some concert because it's their chance to look slutty and wear those clothes and play pretend. They don't dress like that every day, they don't follow that lifestyle.
>>
>>18523781
I can't stop looking at the thicc girl in the back, please, help me.
>>
dress in full plate and I'll marry you on the spot
>>
>>18523781
Oh yeah my style pretty much the same. Not that slutty and revealing but kinda hippie.
But I'm clean and high hygiene tho, always smell good
>>18523854
What if I show up in cardigan and medium maxi dress?
>>
>>18524734
>medium maxi dress
Do you mean a midi dress? Also that's heading into frumpy territory unless you've accessorised well.
>>
>>18520901
Stop with the juvenile tests. News Flash be yourself and you'll find someone who likes you.
>>
>>18520901
>So tell me guys. If a girl dressed moderate and a girl dressed somewhat reveals which one would you stick around? Considering they're both good looking.
Depends on their personality.
>>
>>18523854
Only if she brings her own weapons too. Armor is not enough on the battlefield.
>>
>>18524734
I love it, and I'm not a hippy.
Like a breath of fresh, patchouli-scented air.
I think a date will be more about your behaviour than your clothing, so keep that in mind, smile, look him in the eyes, laugh, and engage in conversation. It won't matter what you wear if you can do these simple tasks.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.