[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First date, need advice about flirting and do's and don'ts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I am a genuinely confident person, and i'm not afraid of the "conversation" part (as in getting to know each other, make a few jokes, talking about stuff).

However, i have never had a date with a girl, so i literally have never truly flirted, and don't know shit about the whole flirting, body language and "posture" deal (as in: when to start light touching,when to go for a kiss, how to go beyond the simple friend stuff).

I asked her out for ice cream and a walk in a park, and she loved the idea, especially the idea of chilling under a tree. She also is a bit insecure usually, but with me she already kind of opened up. So that should be good start, but i still fear i could fuck everything up because of my inexperience.

Thanks in advance for any advice, i'd hate to fuck up at the very beginning just because i never dated before.
>>
Stop bumping and deleting like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>18520186
But you just did bump for me anon!
>>
always talk about interesting stuff and never bring up the shit you've been through on your first dates. always keep her attention and come up with interesting things to talk about. if you have hard time trying to think of something to talk about, always smile and look her in the eye without making it awkward and laugh after looking into each other's eyes for like 5-10 secs.
>>
>>18520355
First of all thanks for the advice, i need everything you can offer.
As i said before, i think i can manage conversations pretty well, and dead silences have always been rare with me.

Now the advice on eye-contact, how to react to it, andy other tips on "proper body language" i direly need.

Also, do you think it'd be better to keep the date in a bar or should i capitalize on the "sitting under a tree" thing and do the major talking there? The former feels safer but more boring, the latter sounds good and unique but i'm afraid of eventual dead moments
>>
>>18520363
don't think too much and don't dive too much. just keep it going and give her signs that it's fun spending time together.
>>
>>18520123
she's just as nervous as you are OP. If you try too hard it will show. Just keep asking questions about her. Not yes/no type questions but open ended so she can elaborate. Nothing too personal though.
>>
>>18520402
You make it sound way simpler than it is, and i guess you are right.
A friend of mine says i'm just overthinking this, and that it'll be definetly fine regardless of the outcome. Is it really only required of me to enjoy myself and go with the flow? I'm afraid of being excessive towards her if i let myself go too much.
>>18520419
Can definetly do. I guess she is even more nervous than me, and that kinda increases my nervousness about things going smoothly and not hitting brick walls.

I'd say my only real issue here would be to overthink this both before and during the date, i'm already worrying about if my clothes are good enough for the date, if to suggest icecream then walk in the park or the reverse, how to handle an eventual silent moment in between, if i have to "push" for something more romantic or if to keep it easy until the situation and nature itself shows me it's fine to go for stuff like kisses or light touching and the like.

Sorry for the rumbling toughts, but i just am afraid of not being good enough in the "flirting" department.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>18520596
fuck off already sage
>>
>>18520601
>>18520186
Take a chill pill.
>>
Last bump, monday is the big day.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.