[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bastet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Bastet.jpg (7KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
Bastet.jpg
7KB, 236x314px
I want to learn for about the Egyptian Goddess Bastet: Are there still cults that worship her, Where can i find information solely on her?, Spells or Magic that involved her? Stories? Her symbols? History of any royalty in Egyptian culture worshiping her? Any curses involved, anything and everything!
>>
>>18518204
your local library?
>>
>>18518204
I guess that google scholar is your friend here.
there must be plenty of scientific articles in the subject, probably some reviews as well
>>
They all same the same thing and lack the depth i need. I just moved so i didnt think about the library i will look into that as well
>>
Sorry anon but bastet died with the last of her worshippers. In 393AD the Roman emperor theodosius I declared Christianity the only legal religion and shuttered all the pagan temples. The Egyptian religion, which relied heavily on government funding to operate, was completely dead by the mid 400s. The Egyptian people were actually surprisingly willing to give it up despite it being at the time the oldest religion in the world. There wasnt any major backlash against banning the religion at all, and thousands of ancient temples were either torn down by Christians, or if they were too large or sturdy they simply converted them to churches. It's rather sad too, since reading and writing heiroglyphics were taught in schools run by the temples, people lost the ability to read it within a generation. It wouldn't be deciphered again for 1400 years.

Oh and as the other anon's said, if you want to learn more I'm sure your library will have books on ancient Egypt and it's religion.
>>
Thats unfortunate and surprising. Fucking Christians.
Though there are people who still worship her. I made a post like this in another thread and someone said to leave the subject alone that it was safer to do dark magick((which i wasnt even preposing i was going to practice, its simply research)) so there must be somthing there. Ive also seen witches worship her.
I really want to know the history and story around her. So far ive found a few articles and book pieces. Buts its always great to have several perspectives on the matter.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.