[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF getting depressed because "she's dumb"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

So I met my GF in undergrad comp-sci, we've been together for quite some time now. I've dropped out and had several gigs at a few startups and got a lot of broad state-of-the-art experience by virtue of having been responsible for research most of the time.

While I was doing that the GF pursued her MSc in CS, and has it done now except for her master project. The profs assigned her something that IMO requires either PhD lvl research or extensive industrial XP in the topic.

Now the issue is that she knows that I could do it, but she doesn't want my help because she sees a lot of girls in the field convincing other people to do the hard parts for them ("whoring themselves out"). and I commend her for that.

But she feels like she's too dumb to solve the issue. What amplifies the issue is that she feels like she's dumber than me, when I "haven't even got a degree"

She also feels like a fraud, and that if she gets a "real" job that they will find out that she sucks and fire her.

I don't want her to get depressed, and I don't want her dropping out when she's almost done. What do? She barely wants to do or talk about anything in the field anymore.
>>
Get her to talk to her higher ups about changing to a project that does not require PhD level research.
>>
>>18517646
There is big difference between
>do this for me
and
>can you point me in the right direction

Simply help her and teach her.
>unless you also dont know how
>>
>>18517900

she doesn't wanna do that. why? idk.

>>18517958

I know. I tried. she get's the "I don't wanna talk about this" face whenever I give her a new way to approach it.
>>
>>18517646
Why not just dump her and find someone smarter?
>>
Masters programs aren't designed to be easy. Part of earning the degree is hitting a wall intellectually and then figuring out how to work past it. If she can't do that she doesn't deserve the degree. You can't do this for her.
>>
She likely is dumber than you
Women are always sooner or later exposed in anything STEM related
btw she doesn't think much of you
>>
>>18518009
>masters programs aren't meant to be easy
t. brainlet
>>
>>18518003
Well shit OP, with an attitude like that she might actually be fucking retarded
>>
>>18518009

true. but compared to what a lot of other people in her class have to do (I'm friends with a lot of them)...

but you're definitely right in terms of how things should be.

but I feel like I could be doing more to support her mentally. because I think she can actually do it. she's just really demotivated atm.

I suggested starting up again with smaller projects to rebuild that confidence. she said yeah, but every time I suggest something she says nah. idk.

>>18518008

Idk. she's 1 in 20 in terms of that she's pursuing a STEM degree. She's another 1 in 10 in that she isn't a needy psycho bitch most of the time. 1 in 2 in terms of looks...

1 in 400 is pretty good imo. not sure I should dump her over that.

>>18518045
>btw she doesn't think much of you

why do you think that?

>>18518063
this is the only thing she gets really irrational about. idk.
>>
File: 1500058942495.jpg (223KB, 1000x1293px) Image search: [Google]
1500058942495.jpg
223KB, 1000x1293px
She is having a hard time with CS MSc? Really? She's gonna get rekt when she starts working.
>>
>>18518087
>when I "haven't even got a degree"
Once she graduates and improves her life she will upgrade her man, you'll see
>>
>>18518139

unlikely. and even if, that's life.
It ain't like I got nothing to offer m8.

>>18518106
I agree that she's gonna get kek'd and stuck in a lower level position with that attitude.

muh wagegap
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.