[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I deleted all of my social media accounts, besides Facebook,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1499968201258.jpg (12KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
1499968201258.jpg
12KB, 363x364px
I deleted all of my social media accounts, besides Facebook, which I am keeping so I can keep for messaging. Will I be as happy as this man?
>>
>>18516409
Hahahah, you cheated - everyone knows the most addictive and hardest to give up is Facebook ;).
>>
>>18516413
I should add that I am keeping Facebook, but I deleted most of my friends. I started with 70, now I have 9.
>>
depends how happy/popular you are outside of life.
>>
>>18516409
I've never had social media accounts.
If I'll make a facebook profile will I be happy?
Seriously.
>>
Honestly I'm 18 and while literally everyone my age has Facebook or more (Instagram etc) I only briefly used Facebook and I deleted it in January.

I didn't use it much but it feels good interacting with people as if I'm real life exclusive.
>>
>>18516628
It will make you depressed in the long term. Social media makes people depressed because they see other people experiencing things while you miss out. Social media is partly to blame for higher depression levels
>>
>>18516654
Okay. I guess I don't want to raise my level of depression even higher.
>>
>happy
You need to re-watch the movie, friendo.
Especially the scene where he gets fucked up.
>>
>>18516409
I would have deleted my facebook a long time ago if it wasn't for school (professors make facebook groups and post homework and activities in the closed group). A qt I knew a while back recently hit me up on fb messenger, so I'm kinda glad I kept it.
>>
>>18516409

I hate social media.
Only reason I have it is to keep up with friends.

But I don't like the bullshit that comes with.
>>
>>18516409
Delete Facehugger too and your happiness will increase by one step. Messaging is cancer.
>>
File: IMG_1043.png (601KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.png
601KB, 500x676px
>>18516409
I'm 25 and have been off media since I was 17. My life is much better though there was a period of "detachment."you have to learn to live on the other side. Now I have active hobbies and a more nuanced mind than a lot of my peers because I don't fill it with feeds and trash. I spend time building myself up instead of building a pretend image of myself for others to praise. I use the internet now as a resource and a tool, not a time killer. I also got married and am having a child with my husband, while my friends are still instagraming bikini shots for validation from men they don't even like. I feel badly for them and I try to get most girls I know off social media, as it is very destructive to young women. Especially tinder and OKC or whatever, where you are blasted with people tryna fuck. I don't waste time on the internet very often, and I am very confident because I am not constantly comparing myself to others and their lies. Would reccomend 10/10. Besides, the internet will change as it did from when we were kids. Facebook won't be Facebook the same way it is not in five or ten years. Social media won't be the same. I don't want my children to have "profiles" online from birth until death.
>>
I think I'd be pretty fucking unhappy if I was still using facebook. It never once brought me any joy when I was using it over 10 years ago. It really brings out the worst in people.
>>
File: 1482608084045.png (8KB, 687x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482608084045.png
8KB, 687x450px
>>18516619
>outside of life
>>
>>18516915
I do need to see it again, but outside the context of the movie he looks pretty pleased with something.
>>
I deleted facebook years ago, haven't missed it.
>>
>>18516409
It depends what you do after you delete them. I know someone who did exactly the same, kept messenger... they seem miserable but are probably more productive
>>
I've been seriously considering doing the same. I have already unfollowed tons of friends, even close ones, just to stop facebook from shoving shit at my face whenever they like or comment something I don't have the least interest in knowing

I'd probably keep it on for tinder and messenger, but I have most people I keep in touch on whatsapp anyway...
>>
>>18516409
I deleted all my social media at 13

I'm 18 now and haven't since had any social media.

Pro:
I'm happy I'm not apart of some cooperate botnet

Con:
My friends never keep in contact...
>>
>>18516409
4chan will keep you company, anon
>>
File: giphy.gif (513KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
513KB, 320x240px
>>18518231
>>
>>18518231
Is it worth sacrificing your friends and family on social media for neckbeards on 4chan though?
>>
>>18518239
haha thank you I fucking KEKED so much what the fuck
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.