[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I stepped on a sea urchin about 5-6 days ago and I got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 397.png (1MB, 4084x3912px) Image search: [Google]
397.png
1MB, 4084x3912px
Okay so I stepped on a sea urchin about 5-6 days ago and I got almost all of the spikes out but 2 little ones are left and I can't get them out. I've using a needle and pinchers but they don't budge. Any tips of getting them out ?
>>
>>18516240
Why on earth wouldn't you go to the doctor? You know some of those bastards are poisonous, right?
>>
>>18516247
Yes I do but I stepped on it in Greece and the locals said that they're not poisous
>>
>>18516258
If you stay off the foot, your body will eventually push them out. Of course, you could suffer infections and the like in the meantime. I would just go to the doctor, and follow their advice. A 30 dollar copay is nothing compared to losing a foot.
>>
Whatever spines you were unable to dislodge, depending on how big the spine shards are it will either be dissolved and re-absorbed into the body on its own, or hard skin will grow around it (like it would do for an ingrown nail). If you can handle it yourself or have to handle it yourself because no medical insurance, you can buy a topical anaesthetic and a syringe with needle from the pharmacy, and inject warm distilled white vinegar into the spines. The vinegar will soften the spines, and make it easier to pull out.

If not, as the other anon said, just go to the doctor. They'll apply a topical anaesthetic, cut the skin open with a scalpel and get it out for you.

>>18516247
If he's not dead yet, it's not gonna happen.
>>
>>18516266
You're right but at this point there is no point of a doctor, I pulled around 9-10 and just 2 little ones are left. Always after I finished plugging out the previous ones I used rubbing alcohol on my foot so it doesn't get infected.
>>
Your body can tolerate stuff inside it and if it's just below the skin there's minimal chance of it travelling inside your body. Still better to have it removed but is unlikely to do you any harm. I've got loads of little stones and bits of twigs and things in my arms and legs from falling while mountain biking
>>
>>18516272
The vinegar thing sounds promising. How long do I have to wait so the spikes can soften
>>
>>18516284
I know that the body will soon or later consume them but the thing it's really unpleasant while walking to get pinched
>>
Okay a little update. I soaked my foot in warm water then used vinegar and pulled one out. I try the last one in a bit. Thanks for the help
>>
>>18516285
You will probably see it reacting with the spine and foaming up (and feel it too, the reaction is exothermic, so the area will feel warm). Just keep repeating the process until you can grab at it without trouble.
>>
>>18516285
Gosh... Forgot any vinegar or oil stuff. Go to doctor, call 911 or if you don't feel good with locals, go to even private care in your country or your doctor connected to travel insurance (hope you bought one...).
>>
>>18516411
Don't worry. It's been 5 days since I got pinched, I've removed all but one needles and I almost got it. The sea urchins in Greece aren't toxic and about infection it's pretty hard to happen since I rub the foot with rubbing alcohol after I am done plucking
>>
>>18516240
your options are either go to a doctor or man the fuck up and dig those fuckers out. which will hurt a lot, and possibly fuck up your foot. your choice.
>>
File: IMG_20170714_122056179.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_122056179.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>18516444
I am on the last motherfucker. It's the bleeding dot
>>
>>18516450
ok, so. if you squeeze at the red lines with one hand, and dig at it with the other, preferably with either tweezers or a knife, you can get it.
>>
File: 1500024100367.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1500024100367.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>>18516462
forgot the pic like a retard.
>>
File: IMG_20170714_123738900.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_123738900.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
You see this little fucking piece of shit. This little cunt ruined my last 6 days
>>
>>18516240
That fucker got you good.
Just keep diggin, tweezing, and eventually you'll get them out.
>>
>>18516481
I got em' it's over we win. Finally I can get some sleep
>>
Thanks for the support /adv/. Have a nice day/night.
P.S. I am desinfecting my leg with some rubbing alcohol.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.