[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an introvert. Pretty classic example, I enjoy being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: introverts[1].jpg (65KB, 540x832px) Image search: [Google]
introverts[1].jpg
65KB, 540x832px
I'm an introvert. Pretty classic example, I enjoy being alone, I tend to mind my own business, I don't mind the "silence" because if I have nothing interesting to talk about then I just like to keep my mouth shut, and also I find dealing with other people a general pain in the ass.

However, I can't help but notice that if you want to be successful, you kinda have to be an extrovert. All the successful people around me are extroverts. You can't overstate the importance of networking, and if you don't care about other people you can't ever become a manager.

So, I realizing this, I suppose I could start trying to act like an extrovert gradually, but I can't help feeling that it WILL feel extermely forced.
Is it possible to get manager positions as an introvert? Is it possible to for an introvert to adapt eventually the more advantagious traits of an extrovert?
I realize what I'm saying sounds weird, but these thoughts are tormenting me the past weeks.
>>
>>18516231
>Is it possible to get manager positions as an introvert?
I've never seen this be the case

>Is it possible to for an introvert to adapt eventually the more advantagious traits of an extrovert?
Yes. Basically, you just pretend that you're having the best day ever, and nothing can get you down. Do it enough, and it becomes second nature.
>>
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-introverts-make-great-entrepreneurs-1440381699
>>
Just because you're introverted doesn't mean you're not talented. Especially as a leader, maybe. I do think it's kind of excessive how extroverted and socially "normal" you have to come off as to get a job, when they do personality screenings - it's completely unnatural for people to feel 100% happy all the time. The customers don't need that much convincing, you need to talk to each person for about 20 seconds. These employers want to draw the very soul out of you and inspect it to see if it's not in mint condition. It's fucking insane. That being said, you just need to find your niche, OP. It sound cliche, but ffs do NOT fake a personality or force yourself to do things that don't come naturally. It will show.
>>
drop the label, they are just character archetypes, like "alpha" and "beta".you can act "extroverted" if you want, it's based on how you feel and how comfortable you are
>>
>>18516270
>Basically, you just pretend that you're having the best day ever, and nothing can get you down. Do it enough, and it becomes second nature.

It kind of bothers me how there is a cultural difference between the US and UK where you have to be terrifyingly chipper in the former, but can be fashionably and politely depressed or sarcastic in the latter. I remember a camp counselor from England said he liked how nice everybody was here, but I guess I take it for granted because I know they're being forced. We take customer service too far, or don't take it seriously at all like in shart mart.
>>
>>18516231
>I'm an introvert. Pretty classic example, I enjoy being alone, I tend to mind my own business, I don't mind the "silence" because if I have nothing interesting to talk about then I just like to keep my mouth shut, and also I find dealing with other people a general pain in the ass.
That's basically me, glad to know that there's people like me around the world.

As for your question, you can work this out, but don't expect immediate results, read and watch videos about this topic.
>>
>>18516231
Introversion/extroversion is a spectrum. Both refer to what kinds of activities energize you. For me, I'm about 90% introvert, 10% extrovert, meaning I can get energized from conversation for about an hour or two a day (any more would drain my energy), and can get energized from my thoughts and activities for about 10 hours a day. An introvert can be very successful in the 10-30% range, so long as they choose the right conversations to engage in, or just spend a few minutes every hour talking with coworkers.
>>
>>18516231
>So, I realizing this, I suppose I could start trying to act like an extrovert gradually, but I can't help feeling that it WILL feel extermely forced.
it will at first, but fake it till you make it.

in most cases an introverted person will at least have a good sense of what is and isn't socially acceptable so as long as you don't say or do something inappropriate worst case scenario you'll just temporarily look like a jackass.
>Is it possible to get manager positions as an introvert? Is it possible to for an introvert to adapt eventually the more advantagious traits of an extrovert?
yes, I walked into a company at 20 as a complete introvert; not talking to anybody, known for being quiet and soft spoken.

now I'm in management and can't even make it to my desk without more people greeting me than I can even respond to.

life is all about progress. just make a conscious effort to be a little bit more outspoken on a daily basis and it'll become second nature without you even realizing it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.