[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /adv/, I have a question of opinion for those of you who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1371336491198.jpg (95KB, 619x473px) Image search: [Google]
1371336491198.jpg
95KB, 619x473px
So, /adv/, I have a question of opinion for those of you who might have medical expertise.
Back in February, I hooked up with this girl in my college. We had dated a bit and had sex. Nothing about her seemed off.
About two weeks later, I had a sudden illness. Within the span of a few hours I went from feeling good to feeling tired and achy (this was on a Friday.) By Sunday morning, I had a 102° fever, and the week thereafter was speckled with a bunch of symptoms; sore throat and difficulty eating, off and on fever, joint and muscle aches, runny nose, dry cough, and sneezing.
My question is, should I be worried that I might have acquired herpes or something? I never had sores, and have never developed them. I had no symptoms after that week, save maybe a mild cough the week after.
We had safe sex, unless it was oral. (Her->Me. A very stupid thing to do, in retrospect.) She looked fine and claimed to be in good health, with few previous sexual partners. I'm thinking I probably had the seasonal flu.

Any thoughts? Should I see a doctor, maybe get tested? Everything I read about herpes describes symptomatic or asymptomatic - you either have all the symptoms, or you don't. No in-between.
>>
Bump?
>>
I had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck, too. But that was the only one.
>>
No ideaa. I mean, maybe it's cancer
>>
>>18515619
>I was very sick
>Should I see a doctor?

That might be a better idea than asking a board of teenage dweebs
>>
i'm guessing her->me means she gave u oral but if it were the other way around u could have hiv. it's only transmitted thru blood, semen, or vag fluids but that was my first thought when u said u had flu-like symptoms two weeks after sex
>>
mono??? im no pro so best to see doctor
>>
Your sexual relationship probably had nothing to do with the flu you subsequently caught, unless you're insinuating that you somehow inhaled the flu virus off her.

>>18516267
Oy, sperglord, HIV takes months to surface.
>>
>>18515619
While this is an advice board, it's not really a medical advice board. WebMD would be more helpful than this board. But a doctor's visit is relatively cheap if you have insurance (and you should - its the law).
>>
I don't know if any Sexually Transmitted Diseases that have those symptoms except possibly Gonorrhea it Syphilis. I would still get swabbed to be sure, don't want to ruin someone's life if you have something, you know?
>>
>>18516516
Trust me, if OP had either of those things, his dick would be on fucking fire and feeling like it would be falling off and he'd know FOR SURE it's an STD.

OP right now has experienced the flu for the first time instead of the "American flu" which is basically getting a cold and exaggerating about it. See also: Americans don't get thirsty, they get dehydrated.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.