[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I continue going to school for a worthless degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 7c3.png (307KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
7c3.png
307KB, 600x545px
To summarize, I got banned from going into the only major that'd make sense since I could not pass basic mathematics courses to continue on.

Although I was supposed to be kicked out, they agreed to let me do an extremely watered down B.A. degree in some bullshit that is not worth the time. My issue is that my parents are dumb and want to sink more money into me to get a garbage degree so they can say their son went to uni, but in about 10 yrs they will complain about how I'm not doing anything with a worthless degree that they insisted on paying for.

How do I tell them to let me drop out. College is not for me and it's only going to hurt me in the long run.
>>
Bump

and apologies for grammar btw
>>
Nothing and i mean nothing will convince them other than action on your part. Go to school and work on your passion and if you end up making a living doing whatever it is, good for you.

Until you start actively working towards your future, everything you're saying about dropping out of school just sounds like laziness.
>>
>>18515244
damn, alright man.

i know it will come back to fuck me up when they realize how much money i made them spend by failing courses. that's what i really fear.
>>
>>18515298
Why set yourself up for failure like that man? Should be obvious to you that that's not the right mindset to have.
>>
>>18515310
what do you mean by mindset?

i just wanted to impress people and make my parents proud at the same time. i'm just kinda stuck in a rut here. I would go through and get the degree but it's just the end result i fear.

i've fucked up tons of things in my life, and if i mess this up, that's gg.
>>
>>18515026
What were you originally planning to do once you graduated college? What academic degree are you currently pursuing? What are some examples of classes that are required to complete it?
>>
>>18515459
I just went to college because my parents told me to. I had no plan afterward. Hopefully I would get some flashy job that people would admire me for.

Well now my only option is a liberal arts degree. The class i could not pass was precalculus
>>
>>18515510
It is possible to get a job that will pay well or give you the means to do admirable work, if you set yourself up to do so. What are some examples of classes that you will have completed by the time you get your degree?
>>
>>18515026
If your parents are fitting the bill let them. Let's be honest if you gonna drop out what you gonna do instead?

Hate to tell you this but in all honesty nothing you do will matter in the Longrun. At all. You'll be quite literally in the same place in four years time if you have a degree or not.

You know you're not going anywhere. It's not failing on your on your part. The deck was stacked against you from the start.

There is absolutely nothing that will change if you drop or graduate your course. You know that. In four years time nothing will be different. So let your parents hope. It's the only thing you can do for them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.