[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20 years old, I have a high school diploma, and I do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 026.jpg (15KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
15KB, 210x251px
I'm 20 years old, I have a high school diploma, and I do well in interviews. How do I get a "real job"? What kind of work should I be looking for?
>>
With the exception of starting a business like Wendy's or Apple to get a "real job" you need to provide a skill that's valuable to someone.

So you could go to trade school and become a plumber or electrician

Or go to college get a degree and get your foot in the door.

You're compensated for the amount of value you bring to the table. If you have no skill then you work minimum wage.
>>
>>18514981
I figured the majority of jobs you learn what to do at the job?
>>
>>18514988

Yes you will always learn on the job; however, that said you need to first prove you know something or have some skill.

The only other thing I can think of is you could try to start low on the ladder somewhere and work your way into management, but I think you'd be far better off trying to garner some type of skill or college degree. I know college is fucking expensive these days so if that's not for you at least try to find something you think you could at least tolerate. For example maybe you could look into getting a CDL licence and do truck driving.

Anything is possible, you might be able to get a decent job, but being a realist I think you would be better suited in trying to further your education/skills in something. A high school diploma is just not going to cut it at this point.
>>
>>18514944
Join the military
>>
>>18515006
Seems like hard work for the same amount of pay of any other average job.
>>
>>18515020
>hard work

I literally sit at a desk all day doing jack shit.
>>
>>18514944
Someplace with a development facility. They can be developing anything.
>>
>>18514944
What skills do you have? If you don't have any, cultivate some on your own time and/or in some sort of educational setting. Or join the military
>>
>>18515020
you're a bedroom dweller talking with someone who has a real life working 12 our days. nobody will ever let some little punk ass 20 year old get into a upper position for long. you're competing with animals who spent as long as you live working before you were even born. getting military on your background shuts that all down in just a 4 year enlistment. you'll fucking kick yourself in the ass for not going in. Its only 4 years you fuck head, and thy pay you unlike college.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.