[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Is killing yourself selfish? Is any instance where suicide could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1497524306348.jpg (2MB, 3920x2881px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1497524306348.jpg
2MB, 3920x2881px
Is killing yourself selfish? Is any instance where suicide could be honorable? I just can't see how people could think somebody's selfish if they genuinely wanted death upon themselves.
>>
>>18442472
>I just can't see how people could think somebody's selfish if they genuinely wanted death upon themselves.
grief over the loss of a loved one, or morality
>>
>>18442472
Philosophically no not necessarily
But as a dick move to literally anyone that is invested in your life
Yes it is not a harmless or selfless act
>>
>>18442477
This
I have a pill bottle with enough drugs to guarantee kill me
It is your
>>
>>18442477

It’s like saying, “Hey can you not relieve your endless suffering so I don’t feel bad for a little while?”
>>
>>18442483
>>18442472
Life and ultimately your decision
Unless you are doing it to save your platoon or protect the family from debt slavery I think the world is better off without a suicide
>>
>>18442472
A year ago, I was depressed. I had multiple thoughts of sucidal ideation. I got a bit better through therapy, but the thought still lingered.

I remember, just this January I had a final decision of whether or not I should just end it. I could see where else the mystery of life would take me or I could have just drove off to the woods all by my self with a bunch of pills and just overdose with alcohol.

I finally thought, "hey, life may be shitty for me and it could turn out worst, but why not just endure it like nothing happened? The worst I could do is just stress about, shorten my life expectancy and then die miserably."

The biggest factor is that I have family and a few best friends I would die for. My only brother would NEVER recover if I killed myself. I know that for a fact.

So Im just gonna live this existence the best I can, die trying. Whether you make it shittier or better is up to you. You should live according to your nature. It is a person's duty to live and to serve others as a social creature. Read Meditations from Marcus Aurelius. Attend therapy. The fact that you are suicidal, MIGHT just be the fact that you are not in the best mental state. Sometimes you'll need to remind yourself that you are reacting irrationally and that you need to control your emotions before it controls you.

Its cliché to say this, but it does get better ONLY if you're willing to move along.
>>
>>18442487
People can never know if you really are suicidal. Like really, how are they suppose to know if you keep to yourself all the time? Yeah, there might be some subtle signs but it can never be noticeable.

If it was up to them, a loved one would try and relieve your grief. You think you would just sit back and relax if you knew someone in your family had such thoughts?

That and the fact that after the deed is done, there could have been some prevention from their part.
>>
>>18442472
yes, but only is certain rare cases: see what Uncle Julius has to say: https://www.counter-currents.com/2013/05/the-right-to-ones-own-life-in-east-andwest/
>>
>>18443289
Damn
Not op but i never considered how my younger sister might react to my death

This post may have given me another day on this earth
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.