[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

K, it's time to open up. I'm paralysed by the fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: black-men-image-of-depression.jpg (528KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
black-men-image-of-depression.jpg
528KB, 900x600px
K, it's time to open up. I'm paralysed by the fear of approaching women, but it's only because I've had terrible experiences with rejection in the past (high school) that led to bullying. Looking back, I'm coming to terms with the fact that that was an extreme example.

how bad is rejection in reality? does it really fuck up your reputation and make everyone think you're a loser if you get rejected by a beautiful girl that your friends know? Because that's what happened with me, although that was way in the past and it's slowly dawning on me that those were horrible people and I didn't handle it well.

Still, I haven't approached a woman in so long and it's because of this underlying fear. Just need some of your own examples of rejection guys.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496343570950.jpg (27KB, 480x463px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496343570950.jpg
27KB, 480x463px
Approaching women is the easiest thing in the world. You just have to swallow your anxiety.

The way I approach random girls, I literally just accept straight away that I'll get rejected, and I tell myself in my head to go over and just make the rejection as lighthearted and graceful as possible. I get comfortable with that idea, and then l most of my anxiety literally disappears.

Most of the time they'll say no, but because its lighthearted we both just smile and laugh. I did have a few pleasant surprises aswell where the woman just goes "yeah, why not? ;)" and we end up going out.

And if youre generally too shy, then tinder is the way to go.
>>
>>18442030
My point is, just do it.

Nobody is going to bully you, youre an adult.
>>
>>18442034
do you start of with any sort of ice-breaking conversation? or do you just get straight to the point?
>>
>>18441751
Ah man, shit happens to me all the time.

No one cares. Just shrug it off and keep doing what you're doing.

Shit, it just happened to me this Saturday. I asked a girl to come with me and my friends out to a local swimming spot.

She was like "yeah, maybe!" which means no. It was in front of all of my friends and they all just chuckled and we all went and had fun anyway.

The moment you fail is when you build and entire event out of asking a girl to go do something with you.

The whole "do or die" approach doesn't work. Ask her out, and when she says no, move on.

And sometimes she'll come along anyway and it has potential to be fun.
>>
>>18442092
I dont go over to tell jokes, but I try to be as funny as possible with witty remarks, I find it keeps it lighthearted. Think on your feet and show as much confidence as possible, that way they think youre comfortable with them and not a creepo.

I usually try to be as polite as possible aswell, going over and saying stuff along the lines of "hello, you alright, Im really sorry, hope you dont mind me saying this but I noticed you and you are by far the prettiest girl ive ever seen and I would love to take you out for dinner or swap numbers if you'd like?" Or something like that
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.