[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be graduating university in December and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'll be graduating university in December and I don't want to go to my grad ceremony. I'll get my diploma either way, so it's not like it matters in the long run.

My parents don't see it this way and keep pressuring me to just suck it up and go. It was the same thing with my high school graduation (it took everything I had to not cry on stage out of frustration and fear), but they seem to have forgotten about that. I've never been comfortable receiving any kind of recognition or being a part of ceremonies at all, so obviously this kind of thing fills me with dread. Not to mention my sister graduated two years ago so it's not like they'll never get to attend a university grad ceremony for either of their kids.

What can I do to get my parents to lay off about this? I just want to quietly move on and not have to rent a stupid hat to appease them, but nothing I say is working.
>>
Just go. It's not for you, it's for them. You'll only be up on stage for like, 10 seconds anyway, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>18440567
>on stage for ten seconds
>after waiting for like three hours

Wow, what payoff.
>>
>>18440568
What part of "it's not for you, it's for them" is so hard to understand?
>>
>>18440562
I feel ya, you're friendless right?
>>
>>18440562
Been in the same situation (actually just finished uni this Summer).
I went to uni in Scotland and live in the south of England so it would've been a motherfucking long journey back up there for graduation when I didn't even like uni. Had three older sibs already graduate w/ ceremonies but obviously my parents wanted me to. Here's what I said:

>I really don't want to add a bitter taste of doing something I don't want when I've achieved something I'm proud of
>we can have a celebration here at home- get some kings and veras in, all have a big meal together etc
>use your loaf- there will be so many more times you can watch me achieve things/ reach goals and they'll be happy times bc I'll be comfortable with them eg if I ever get married or something
>It's important to find ways to celebrate me with which I'm comfortable- I'd like us to have a more open dialogue about how to support each other in the right ways for us each.
>>
>>18440573
Wow, this is actually really good stuff. I'm going to use this next time the conversation comes up. Thanks!
>>
>>18440578
No probs me old Empire. Us freaks gotta stick together!
>>
>>18440562
Did they pay for your degree?

If yes then STFU - suck it up - show up - smile for the pictures so that your parents can HANG THEM ON THE WALL-- then move on.

Do what everyone else does before the ceremony - get fucking drunk. Just don't piss yourself.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.