[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this topic has probably been brought up a million and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I know this topic has probably been brought up a million and one times, but I recently broke up with my significant other because she developed feelings for someone else.

I feel shitty even though I know she was not even close to being a wonderful member of my life. I want to know /adv/, have any of you gone through something similar?, and if so how'd you get over it?
>>
After a breakup, I always go through a period of extreme self improvement. I volunteer, I get in shape, I take classes I'd normally be too socially anxious to do so. I have my breakdowns still, but I find that doing those things got my confidence up and my mind off of my exes.
>>
Delete everything to do with him/her. Just forget about it, and eventually you'll have moved on.
>>
>>18440347
So it's a matter of self improvement? I think that'll be great for me actually. How long did it usually take for you to get over them?
>>
>>18440350
The thought hurts, really
>>
It's normal to feel shitty. Drink some scotch, smoke a cigarette, and get over it. If you let it get to you, you'll never be able to move on to better things.
>>
>>18440339
I know that feel
>be me
>meet girl, nothing special, but we got along
>decide to just be friends
>before we know it we're dating
>informs me she is worried that I'm just her rebound from her ex
>I decide like an idiot I didn't care
>she cheats on me a myriad of times
>"I need to numb the pain"
>I learn she didn't love me, and never did
>I ignore it again, and decide to pursue
>she has sex with a good number of my friends
>I am destroyed, but again decide to put it behind
>a few months of happiness, and again I am betrayed
>this time she decides to break it off
>this time there was no going back

I have nothing but scars from this person, but I still have complicated feelings towards her. All I can say is to really love someone you have to first understand the worst pain there is to feel.
>>
>>18440339
>>18440387
>hurrr durr breaking up is the worst thing ever :'(

get over it you cucked pussies
>>
>>18440339

My ex and I broke up a long time ago while we had BOTH developed feelings for someone else. It made for an amicable and easy breakup, and we're friends to this day, but admittedly, at the time, even though I was head over heels for someone else, I wondered about how it should reflect on my self-worth.

Really, the lesson I learned the most is that people aren't commodities. It's not like going to a car lot and test driving a couple, finding one to suit your needs at a reasonable price, there's a lot of purely emotional factors that can't be changed like deciding you would like the nicer speakers or a different color.

This person is not the end all be all in your life. It just didn't work out, but it will.

Also, your sad pug picture really made me feel for you, more than I normally do /adv/ posters.
>>
>>18440405
I kind of wished it was both ways, but now I'm stuck wondering if I brought less to the table that her new friend.
>>
>>18440395
I like you
>>
>>18440339
Learn from any mistakes you may have made, learn what you liked about her and didn't, and better yourself in every way you can for the next round. Keep on slamming on and you'll find the right one. Also, yeah, you're going to feel shitty for a while, don't push it too hard right off the bat but get going again in a few weeks or a month. Chill for a bit, some self-reflection perhaps, soul searching even? You get the idea.
>>
>>18440387
Are you me?
>>18440454
yeah definitely
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.