[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to love yourself again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Sup b

As the title says, how can you start to love yourself again? For the past 2+ years i've been so depressed, hating myself constantly, low self-esteem and no confidence what so ever. This self-loathing is making me sick.

How can I become a better person to myself, so that I can be a better person to my family and people around me?

Pic somewhat unrelated.
>>
>>18439056

take your self out for dinner. then go for a drive at night, park up on some hill, look at the stars, and have a talk with your self. do it out loud. ask your self 'why dont i love my self? what am i doing wrong? what do i do right? what things (both productive and not) can/should I do to love and enjoy my self more?
>>
>>18439056
A doctor can help.

In fact id urge it because sometimes this kind of chronic depression can come from underlying health issues.

Other than that its about breaking the cycle of negative thinking and a few other things. Make sure youre sleep is good because that can do some damage, make sure youre eating right because high sugar diets especially can cause depression.

A trained PhD psychologist would also tell you to keep a journal of positive things, writing good things that happened to you every day. Thatll encourage the formation of new neural structures that make positive thinking more of a habit.

And at the end of it all if you still need medication to help, then dont be afraid of it. Its your entire quality of life were talking about.
>>
>>18439056
then why the fuck is everyone talking about me then?
>>
>>18439056
just B urself
>>
>>18439056

How to be Miserable: 40 Strategies You Already Use.
>>
>>18439056
Same boat as you are in last year:

I got away from it all. I went on the mission trip to Honduras for a week. There I had a spiritual connection. It open my world, and now I have a bless stressful job that I love. All cuz i got away from it all. Still a lil bit .I still a tiny bithate myself because of this addiction I have but I'm getting help on it. I'm WAY better than I was a year ago!
>>
>>18439779

What'd you do and what do you do now?
>>
>>18439792
I was a fucking grocery store clerk (bagging, stocking, unloading trucks, customer service, janitor, handyman). You name it I've done it there, been at that place part time for 10 fucking years. Graduated college and had trouble getting a career. So stayed doing the same shit at the store and try to move to corporate but the manager would not give me a leg up despite me working 3 years for him and he kept bullshiting excuses. Plus the management was running the store as serious if they were disassembling an active bomb. Lots of ppl quit working there. Despite this they wouldn't increase our hours and just hire new people for some reason.

Now I am a teacher and special ed helping nonverbal autistic kids. Much more enjoyable and fulfilling. Plus the admins want to see me rise up.
>>
LSD, mushies meet your true self the one you have neglected all these years, feel your unconditional empathy and infinite compassionate love towards yourself
>>
>>18439852
Yeah, or understand first hand why psychedelics are known to exasperate pre-existing mental health issues.
>>
OP here

Thanks for all the replies. I think I need to seek professional help on this point like a anon mentioned earlier.

God bless
>>
>>18439861
>>18439861

If your worried about that start at a low dose, no need to melt your ego and all your problems straight away
>>
>>18439056
Not true in this age with tons of SNS
>>
File: bear nice.jpg (91KB, 720x477px) Image search: [Google]
bear nice.jpg
91KB, 720x477px
>>18439056
I'm in the same boat. I was depressed as a teen, reinvented myself in my 20's. partied a lot, slept with tons of girls, did tons of drugs. made lots of money. Realized I had no future.
Started college and building equity in myself so I wouldn't be poor forever.
But now I'm in my 30's and depressed as fuck all over again.
No joy in anything. No point. I have money, but people don't like me, I'm divorced, I'll likely never have kids, everything I do I become great at, but lose all interest in in a year or two. So what's the point? I'm just meandering around putting numbers in a digital account with no one to give a shit or share anything meaningful with.

>>18439206
Cliche.

>>18439521
>>18439721
lol. these. "Just get over it bro" "Cheer up!" haha

>>18439779
What was your "aha!" moment? Everyone acts like travel is some gigantic cure for depression, but no one has ever really clarified it for me. How so?

>>18439852
lol no. Tried that.
Exercise and eating some vegetables+drinking water does way more for you than fucking drugs.
Although, drugs are fun. They're just never a solution to any real life issues.
>>
>>18440186
If that's your choice. I've seen plenty of counselors. They're good for someone to vent to, and some will remind you that it's all your perception of the world that shapes how you interact with it (and are therefore perceived by it in return).
But all in all, it's the same advice you could find on Google or any discussion on depression.
CBT+perception+yaddayaddayadda

I mean, it's all true, I guess... but that hasn't changed anything for me. And I don't see a point shelling out the bucks to hear it for the 456rd time.

YMMV tho
See if your benefits at work will cover a few sessions so you can feel it out. Mine did.
>>
>>18440250
What doesn't work for you works for others

There's no reason he can't do everything, he needs to get out of his mindset and his routine
>>
>>18440256
>>..remind you that it's all your perception of the world that shapes how you interact with it.

OP here

That I could agree with completely. When I make a appointment to meet the counselor in my university, or just recently I booked one within my healthcare. So when I get in the room with him/her to talk about my problems they don't seem pretty big anymore. That while I was alone in my room and was thinking about these things in my mind they seemed huge. But when i'm about to tackle them with a professional then they don't seem big anymore. Really strange.
>>
>>18440250
>cliche

Because its true you plum. And you hear it a lot because no one gets it.

Thats like saying its cliche if your car is making weird smells and rumbling when you break and asking what to do and i said "go to a mechanic"

I actually have an education in this shit. The brain is a machine that runs on chemicals and electrical impulses. If anything isnt working right from your kinetic function, to you moods, to your thoughts, something isnt firing right or a chemical is missing or overabundant.

Sometimes you can repair function by being proactive, sometimes medicinal intervention is needed.
>>
I've been pretty upset about myself a lot lately as well, but I don't want to go to a therapist just yet, I'm wondering what else I can do. I don't want my parents to worry about me, as I have a sister who is also depressed and seeing a therapist, and my parents have other things to worry about like financial difficulties and overdue bills. But heeping my feelings bottled up isnt good for my mental health either.
>>
What don't you like about yourself? Fix it.
>>
>>18439056
Appreciate the thread. I'm in the same boat as OP and I've had a pretty bad mental breakdown to start the day. Can't offer any advice but just wanted to say thanks to the anons who did.
>>
>>18439112
thats fucked mate
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.