[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking a pattern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 189.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
189.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
All my relationships seem to follow the same exact pattern, without fail, and it's become upsettingly predictable.

>attraction
>2 month honeymoon period, very happy and committed
>rapid detachment
>awkward agony until breakup
>chill out, find new girlfriend
>cycle begins anew

Is this normal? Everyone else I know seems to have very good, successful and long lasting relationships with no problems, including my exes. What could be my problem?
>>
r u a grill or a boy
>>
>>18438371
im a boy
>>
>>18438366

I was actually really similar. in highschool i kinda serial dated.

>meet girl
>think shes cute
>start dating
>3 months in something changes
>i start to feel weirdly uncomfortable
>im not sure why i cant understand it
>i just circle the drain not reall yknowing whats up and getting more depressed.
>about 4 to 5 months into the relationship i pull the plug
>afterwards im completely fine
>often times me and the girl still bang and hang but we just call our selves 'friends with benefits
>repeat cycle with new girl

if you're anything like me OP, you just don't like dating. its a myth that all humans want this modern social construct.
>>
>>18438366
aslong as you can restart the cycle and have a new gf, why care? if it wasn't the modern era you'd have many kinds with many woman, that's the biological goal of a man anyways.
>>
It's normal for people to think initial attachment is "real love" and once that wears off, people break up. Eventually they realize it takes work to be committed to someone.

Then again maybe something was wrong with your relationship if the honeymoon was only 2 months. Was there any issues, or you just didn't feel the same way you did on day one?

Also, do you WANT a long lasting relationship? Maybe you like the idea, but don't actually enjoy sharing your life with someone.
>>
multiple reasons this could happen.

like >>18438382 said, you might just not actually like dating. some people don't. think about it, modern dating is a new concept. its not our universal nature by any means.

>>18438419 this person also brings up good points but i think he picks on the extremes only. two months is about how long it takes to really get to know someone. you get feelings before that but the feelings are projections of curiosity. once you get to know the real them they don't hold up... and thats okay! it doesn't mean you can't be comitted, but why would you immediately commit to someone you don't really know? 2-3 months is an easy exit point for most people who get to know each other and realize there isn't something 'real' there. if romance is special then there's no reason why you'd just randomly meet the right girl and have it work out already.

keep dating until a girl DOES make you want to stick it out. and if one never does, maybe you are just not meant to be in long term committed relationships. if you dont like it, why yearn for it?
>>
>>18438382
>>18438419
It's usually not me who loses interest, I just realize she's not into it anymore and pull the plug. They stop initiating contact and wanting to spend time with me, so I try pushing the communication, but end up just feeling clingy, dependent and embarrassed.
>>
>>18438432

interesting. hard to say then. i mean it could be the reverse situation. but often after a few months girls 'settle in' and it just becomes your job to manage the relationship at that point
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.