[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Should a man pay for everything during a date?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Seems some girls think that man should pay everything during a date.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>18437970
I don't expect a man to pay for everything always, but I prefer if he at least offers to pay for the first few dates. I always offer to pay myself, too.

Unless we did something very expensive or I am not interested in him, I don't insist too much on paying myself at least for the first 3-4 dates. Then I prefer to take turns.
>>
>>18437970
women want equality now dont they? maybe they should start paying for dates now
>>
>>18437970
We'll I'm a guy and personally I feel better when I pay. I don't mind to let my gf buy occasionally, but I like being the provider in the relationship.

Occasionally she insists that she pays though, usually as a token of appreciation for me.
We're about to move in together (getting married) and she's insisting that she pays a portion of my house payment, even though I wouldn't require that.

I would really like a blowjob though, but she won't even try it.
>>
If you asked her on the date you should offer to pay.

If you got asked on the date you should offer to split.
>>
No, girls that expect that are gold diggers that deserved to be ghosted. If you sense that she might expect you to pay for the date (say she buys super expensive shit on the menu), just say you need to go to the bathroom or take a phone call, sneak out, and leave. Ignore any calls, texts, or the like at that point and enjoy the delicious salt.
>>
>>18437985
The entitled roastie/beta provider mindset everyone.
>>
>>18437990
>insisting on paying for yourself even if someone offers to treat you
>entitled

lol what
>>
>>18437985

This doesn't sounds equal
>>
>>18437984

I'll say if you pay for almost everything, at least you deserve a BJ.
>>
>>18437995
You're not very smart, are you.

I'm saying that if you are a femanon making this post, you are an entitled roastie. If you are a guy making this post, you are a beta provider.
>>
>>18437999
It is.

It's basic conscientiousness. Ideally if you invite someone on a date you obviously want to make a good impression and impress them. So you offer to pay. You'll seem generous. If you're the other person, in the same token of conscientiousness, you should graciously decline their offer and say you'll pay for yourself while appreciating their gesture.

It's not a girl/guy thing. This goes for any date even same-sex.
>>
>>18438006
No, I got that shithead.

You're not very smart if you're calling me entitled for saying you should offer to split the bill if you've been invited on the date (which is 95% of the time, the girl)
>>
>>18438012
You do realize that is still not equal, right? Why not split the bill regardless of who initiated the date or have the asker pay every single time?

Not only are you entitled but you are bad at math. I'm glad I immediately filter out people like you.
>>
>>18438030
Because it's very basic courtesy. If you invite someone out, you pay for the date.
If they are nice, you split the bill. Or, in any case, they'll pay another time.

Unless someone CONSISTENTLY refuses to pay for the bill, you're making a huge deal out of nothing.
>>
The person who offered to take the other person out and chose the location should pay. If it's a more casual thing like meeting at a cheap restaurant for lunch, you split.
>>
>>18438030
>Why not split the bill regardless of who initiated the date
That's exactly what I'm suggesting you illiterate faggot lmao

>Bill comes
>I got it!
>No, no that's ok, let's split.
option a:
>Oh, okay!

option b:
>No no, really let me~

option b only exists because some guys actually want to pay because it makes them feel good about themselves.

but ideally every date should go the route of option a.

and no, it doesn't matter who initiated the date, in the end the bill gets split.

> I'm glad I immediately filter out people like you.
Me too. When retards keep replying to me it gets tiring.
>>
I would never want them to pay for my meal if I wasn't sure the date was going anywhere. I think that's why men insist on paying, they are making an investment ... it's foolish to think otherwise. Don't accept the payment if you're not interested. Come with your own money just in case.
>>
>>18438080
>Don't accept the payment if you're not interested
i admire your attitude but thats just bad business
>>
>>18438043
Let's go back to your first post and read exactly what you said.

>If you asked her on the date you should offer to pay.

You are telling this Anon to initiate the offer to pay up from the very beginning regardless of whether or not he actually wants to split or to pay. You are implicitly telling him it is okay to split only if the girl says "No, no that's ok, let's split.". Which will not happen every single time.

Unless you also expect women who initiate dates to offer to pay up from the very beginning as well (which I sincerely doubt you would), what you are suggesting is simply not equal for all practical purposes.

If the guy truly wants to pay for the meal, he can do so, fine, but don't tell men "If you asked her on the date you should offer to pay." without first knowing if he actually wants to pay or to split.
>>
>>18438106
I think it goes without saying to not offer to pay if you don't actually want to.

But the question OP posed is

"What do you guys think?"

and that's what I think.

>for all practical purposes

Yeah I know every date is not going to go this way, there are some people who just want to take advantage of someone and get a free meal or whatever, but, in my mind, that's the template for how things should go. I said "you should offer to pay" because it's a really obvious gesture to leave a good impression on someone you're presumably trying to court. It's not about paying or not it's about the gesture of offering.
>>
File: 20170605_161349(0).jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20170605_161349(0).jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
How do I meet people when I'm not 21 and can't go to bars? I'm 20 in university and have no idea how to meet people. Even in classes the professor is talking idk how I'd talk to someone
I'm just lost, advice?
>>
>>18438106
>Unless you also expect women who initiate dates to offer to pay up from the very beginning as well (which I sincerely doubt you would
Oh, and also, your "sincere doubts" are bullshit because I already explicitely stated the date initiator should offer to pay regardless of it's it's male or female and that's indeed what I believe.
>>
>>18437970
If she doesn't let you fuck her afterwards it feels like a total waste of money, I think. I've payed for women's dinner but I'm done with that. A cup of coffee is how far I'll go. On one dinner date the bitch even ordered another meal without asking me and then expected me to pay. We did fuck afterwards but she was a total bitch during sex, she was a total bitch when I walked her to the bus stop, and afterwards she didn't answer calls.
>>
>>18438126
In that case I missed that post you made and I take back what I said earlier.

Ultimately, in my opinion, people who want to pay can do so if they want to but should fully understand the risk that the other party may take advantage of them. The risk is real though. There are tons of people on tinder that exploit this for nothing more than free meals. I know of a couple of women who simply use tinder when they want to eat out, it's disgusting.

I especially don't want someone who doesn't want to pay the whole bill to feel obligated to do because of some archaic custom and risk getting screwed over. I know you mentioned that here:

>>18438119
>I think it goes without saying to not offer to pay if you don't actually want to.

But ultimately the whole custom is really part of a tradition that should be considered dead in this day and age.
>>
i usually offer to pay, but if she even does a remote offer of splitting i will grab that shit up in a flash
>>
>>18438174
unless you insist the man should always pay (which I don't) I don't see how this has anything to do with "tradition"

to me it's common sense courtesy and an obvious way to ingratiate yourself to someone you want to like you. if you have such a cynical attitude to the whole concept of asking someone on a date and don't care how you come across to them, why'd you even ask them on the date?
>>
>>18438171
Another woman I'd been talking to said she would come to my place and demanded that I buy her some food. I don't know, maybe I should have done it, I'm pretty sure she wanted to fuck. But I rejected her, because it seemed bitchy to me. That wasn't the only bitchy thing though, as far as I remember. Oh well, she wasn't very hot so it's no loss.
>>
>>18438100
It's not like I'd actually say "Well i'm not putting out so let me pay for it"

He'll understand sooner or later and that's his cross to bear
>>
>>18437970
my girl and I've been together for 3 months, and we've split the bill everytime we've gone out. I've offered lots of times, to solo pay but she's like why the fuck are you going to do that. even though she doesn't earn a lot, she does. bretty cool
>>
Femanon here, I like to either split the bill or take turns paying. Not being able to even contribute to the tip of a bill makes me feel like shit, even in a committed relationship. Casual dates, you pay for your own shit unless you want to buy each other's beers or something.
>>
>>18438241
>femanon
Nobody gives a shit what you think.
>>
>>18438247
My precious feelings :(((((((((((((((
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.