[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend's best friend thinks I suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 980x.jpg (32KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
32KB, 540x304px
My boyfriend used my table while we were on holiday to check facebook and he stayed logged in. Today I saw some notifications and he was chatting with his best friend about me.

His best friend thinks he could have a hotter girl and he can generally do better than me, that he's settling.
My boyfriend dismissed it but he was just kind of whatever about it.

Should I approach the subject? How do I do it?
>>
>>18437812
>should I approach the subject

This is a delicate situation, but that's up to you. If you feel like this will haunt you, I would go ahead and have the conversation. If you think that it's nothing to worry about, then I'd let it lie.

If you do want to pursue this to terminate the issue, I'd address it with a serious foreword: before diving in, tell him that this is however important to you that it is- and tell him you can't have a small, dismissive answer, because this is a pivotal conversation to you.

If he's serious about you, you'll know it from his response.
>>
>>18437812
Is his friend right?
>>
>>18437874
He could get someone hotter than me for sure. If I had to rate us, he's easily a 7.5/10 and I'm a 6.5/10.
We've been together for 4 years and we get along really good. We're a really good match on a personal level and our relationship works amazing. I don't think he is "settling". I wish he didn't feel like that.
>>
>>18437873
I don't know if I want to approach it or how to do it.
I have never been an especially insecure girl, but it made me really uneasy.
>>
>>18437889
Do you feel that he loves you?

If the answer is yes, then I'd disregard the best friend's comments.

As a "best friend" he seems shitty to even suggest something like that
>>
>>18437812

Who gives a fuck.

My mom once got blasted off her ass and drunkenly said basically the same thing about my girlfriend--that I could get someone way hotter (I kid you not)

I told her that I love her, but she know's exactly what she can do with that superficial as hell opinion.

Live your life. As long as you're happy, who gives a damn.
>>
>>18437892
>Do you feel that he loves you?
I never had a doubt, honestly.
He's the best friend I have on earth and I always felt like he was my soulmate (as much as I find the concept ridiculous). I really want to marry him and spend my life with him. I always felt reciprocated.

It just makes me feel shitty and I hope he doesn't feel that way.

>>18437893
I am just scared that he feels like I'm not good enough.
>>
>>18437901
>I am just scared that he feels like I'm not good enough.

Then that's your problem.

If you don't have faith enough that he cares for you--or at least in the experiences you've shared--that means you either don't trust him, or don't have enough self-value to be able to put aside your own ego and truly value him.

The saying about having to love yourself before you can love others stems pretty much exactly from this.

Either trust in your experiences, in what you've built, what you've shared, or realize that you don't have it, and don't truly love him like you think you do.
>>
>>18437901
Tell him he's your best friend on earth. Tell him you want to marry him. Tell him you feel all these things, and if you don't feel like he reciprocates in this conversation, maybe mention that you saw his conversation.

I feel sure he'll make you feel better. It's just a bump in the road.
>>
>>18437893
The opposite happened with me and my mom. She ended up being right ...
>>
>>18437812
if he didn't agree with his best friend about it, it's because he doesn't feel like he's settling.
>>
>>18437812
best friend sounds literally gay.
>>
>>18438008
Lol. He is.

>>18438000
He dismissed it super briefly, didn't even seem to care. I don't know.

>>18437914
Yeah, some cuteness will heal this.

>>18437913
It's just sad. I never felt particularly self conscious but now I feel extremely insecure about my looks and like I don't deserve him.
I know it's silly, maybe I just need to get over it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.