[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1497247940139.jpg (96KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
1497247940139.jpg
96KB, 600x507px
I've been unemployed for 2 months now and finding another job seems impossible at this rate.

I tried beefing up my resume to make it seem like I was easily able to shift into the positions I'm after (trying to do something in retail until I can go to college.)

But I'm still having no luck, and I don't know what to do.

I didn't really do anything in my teens, have no real achievements or awards to my name, not even 6 months of customer service, and the only thing I have for certifications is my food handlers.

What should I do /adv/?
>>
ive been unemployed for 4 months and don't know what to do either. can only work 8 to 5 and no one will hire me.
>>
Volunteer.
Even a couple months of volunteering will help pad your resume a lot.
>>
Where I live, security guard can be a decent option. Depending if you're paid in cash or legally you might have to go through some training and the pay varies from a store guard to a club guard, to someone keeping drunks away from a perimeter fence at a large event. Did a few rounds during school with no training whatsoever. The most important part is mostly just talking with people, 95% of the time, that's all it takes. And they're constantly in need of manpower.
Pretty much anything nightshift are usually looking for more employees.

I do not recommend it as a career by any means, you'll blow your brains out out of boredom.
>>
>>18436918
Where do you live anon?
Also>>18437070
is right, beef up your CV with voluntary positions.
Use your loaf, your CV doesn't have enough on it so you need to do more things.
>>
>>18437161
Texas

Volunteer work is a good idea, only problem is most of it is done in Dallas or Fort Worth, and that's a 30 minute drive to either side.
>>
Friends,

I was unemployed for 2 years. Times were awful; but you can't give up. Things will improve you just need to keep pushing yourself.
>>
I've never had a job and I'm 26.

I don't give a shit anymore.
>>
If you volunteer or intern, make sure it's at a place you'd really like to work as an employee. You'd better be getting something out of it if you're working for free.

Keep up the job search while you're interning. Make the effort to distinguish yourself from every other intern or volunteer around you. When a paid position opens up, it should be a no-brainer whom to hire for it.

This is what I learned about transitioning from being useless, living at home playing vidya and thinking I was smarter than everyone, to getting a good job and moving out and being a grown-ass man: don't assume people will look inside your head and understand your brilliance and uniqueness. You have to show people you're the man. Make it as easy as possible for even very dumb people to understand that you are the #1 option for the job. And also understand this will take some time grinding and doing tasks that employees may not want to do and proving you can do things better than other people. It won't be a 5 minute convo with the boss. "Boy, this neckneard sure knows a lot about videogames and crypto-currency! Let me hire him to be chief of public relations!"

Wherever you volunteer, keep up the job search. Eventually, you will either get a job somewhere else or the place you're working for will realize they'd be crazy to pass you up.
>>
>>18436918
>>18436925
Country?
>>
>>18438435
See this guy gets it. Sometimes you do have to go out of your way to get that special reward in the long run.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.