[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1497663699310.jpg (90KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1497663699310.jpg
90KB, 500x379px
>professor says that if he doesn't see work by today he makes no promises that he'll grade them by the transcript grade deadline
>thought I sent in that essay
>actually didn't
>did send in the essay by today but it's late...I'm pretty sure by see, he meant less turning it in by today and more actually seeing it on time

>now professor is saying that he never got the one I sent last week (on time); I actually have proof that I sent it in
>but this doesn't matter, what matters is the other essay--that one could make me fail the class

>probably will be kicked out of school
>probably forced to repay 30000$ of grants
>will fuck up my life
>my plans
>my dream
>my family

What should I do, /adv/? I wish I was rich enough, but the walls are all crashing down and this could really mess me up in the long-run. In a way I don't mind being kicked out...that cuts off some of my plans, but that's something I can recover and grow from. But owing that much money...? I don't know what to do. I don't think it's possible for me to beg for that kind of money...and fuck knows that it'd take me years to pay that kind of thing off. Years.

I'm so worried and scared. I don't know what to do...
>>
File: guts.jpg (15KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
15KB, 248x251px
>>18436713
Bump...
>>
>>18436713
Just fucking go to his office and lay down the situation. After all these are also people.
>>
>>18436754
Finals week is over and final grades are issued tomorrow night. I don't think he'd be in his office, and even if he was I'm already back home. Just got the news of this fuck-up when I got here.
>>
>>18436713

ask for an INCOMPLETE grade
>>
>>18436772
An incomplete grade is still a failing grade.
>>
>>18436783
This quarter I have to get above a 2.0 in 12 units (3 classes). If I don't, I might be dead meat.
>>
>>18436789
If you're having trouble with that, then maybe college isn't for you. You need to reevaluate this.
>>
>>18436795
It was just a rough quarter because of personal reasons. If I'm unable to do this, then I join the military. I don't know what else I could do.
>>
>>18436713
>>18436789
>2.0

Well you got to this point and you are on 4chan while your peers have no problem doing the essays on time and not failing classes I can assume the professor might be more trustworthy than your story
>thought I sent in that essay
>actually didn't

lol
Other anon is right, college education isn't for you, learn a trade.
>>
>>18436783
>An incomplete grade is still a failing grade

Who the hell told you this?
I'm a professor and I can assure you this is not the case. An incomplete just gives you an extension to complete your work before the professor submits a final letter grade.
>>
>>18436815
>on time

...Honestly I actually did. I checked the emails again, and the problematic essay was actually sent in on time and I had totally forgot about it. He just hasn't responded whatsoever.

Are post finals office hours a thing? Because I might just haul my sorry ass alllll the way back to school to talk to him. I really don't want to, but at this point it's a consideration.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.