[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Do I Shorten this Text?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: text.png (44KB, 649x492px) Image search: [Google]
text.png
44KB, 649x492px
I wanna send somebody a text, but I don't want to look autistic by sending them a novel. I'm bad with concision.

How do I express these sentiments with fewer words?
>>
>Hey you, dunno if you've lost interest entirely or just romantically or what but reaching out one last time because I'd regret giving up so easily on someone whose company I've enjoyed so much. Offer is open to hang out again, get in touch if you feel like it, k? Take care
>>
>>18435691
I like it. I guess I still want to be able to have those passive-aggressive implications that she acted with cowardice, something pointing out her hypocrisy about being angry about the art submission thing (turns out that the submission never even got to them, so she only thought she was rejected), and a joke about panda bears. But I guess you have to let some things go when tightening something up. Part of good editing is being willing to undergo the pain of cutting out things you really like, but know are unnecessary.
>>
File: 1496646878688.gif (2MB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1496646878688.gif
2MB, 250x277px
>>18435669

>In which case, call me Neo, because I'm dodging goddamn bullets

yikes
>>
yeah that much came through loud and clear. left that bit out on purpose. hint hint, nudge nudge..
>>
>>18435754
>>18435706
>>
>>18435669
you sound like a fucking orbiter, no wonder you are "content" with being platonic. Bitch please
>>
>>18435669
"I need to talk. Meet me at 22 Acacia Avenue"
then when you meet, read that
>>
>>18435669
>Hey X. It's too bad that our contact broke off, because I've genuinly enjoyed your company. Things didn't work out romantically, but I wanted to reach out to you and ask for us to meet some time again. This time platonically, because I'd like to have you as a friend.

Just be direct in what you wish and drop all the assumptions. Those will only lead to resentment from her side. If she wants to explain herself she will.
>>
>>18435762
Yeah, but she probably won't respond to that and I'd never see her. But if say something that calls her out, she might feel compelled to respond, because then it's like a big turd sitting in your mailbox that you can't ignore.

>>18435749
Okay yeah I agree, that was cringy.

>>18435760
Nah, I legitimately value her as a person and think she's cool (even though I'm bitter as fuck), and my feelings are that "there are plenty of fish in the sea, I'm not going to be torn up about her not wanting to date me." There are many others I would find myself compatible with.

But not knowing the person in any capacity would suck.

I have friends who are people who I pursued romantically, but weren't interested (of course, they didn't ghost me and they just told me as soon as I asked for their numbers that they had boyfriends or whatever, so the friendship wasn't tinged with that feeling of betrayal). I don't agree with this whole macho "if you can't fuck a bitch then she ought to become garbage to you or else you are weak" philosophy.

>>18435754
I see... I think I've got to throw a little shade, because the night she stood me up, the message I left didn't express any anger, I just tried to play it off like a joke. Then I realized this was part of my pattern of never getting upset with anybody, because I feel like I don't have the right to. I feel like she'll respect me more if I insult her just a little bit so she knows I have a backbone and have a threshold of shit I will tolerate, so she can't just get away with being an ass thinking there will be no consequences because I'm some "nice guy." I have to have a little bit of power by holding the power to forgive, rather than acting like she's done nothing wrong.
>>
>>18435787
I suppose the general sentiment here is that I should take the high road and be mature and drop the passive-agression. I still feel like, if this makes her resent me, then I want her to resent me. If she chooses to dislike me instead of being like "yeah sorry about that, I shouldn't have done that," then I want her to dislike me on my terms. Because I called her out and she didn't like that.

But that probably means that I'm too emotional to send anything I won't later regret right now, and when I calm down, I'll see that all of you are correct. I might give it another day.
>>
As further context for why I'm kinda bitter: on one of our dates, we practiced photography, as on an earlier date, we both expressed interest in learning the craft. Mostly did street photography, but we also took some pictures of each other.

One of her current art projects is using photos in to create piece by drawing over them. She uploads her work to Instagram. When I creeped her Instagram, I noticed that she used a photo she took of me. I figured, "ah, she probably uploaded it when we were still talking."

Then I looked at the date and saw that she had uploaded it, like, a month after she ghosted me. What the fuck.

Literally using my face while failing to acknowledge my existence. Dick move.
>>
>>18435804
I'm the guy you responded to. Yeah, the negative emotions probably got the better of you. Everyone would be pissed from getting ghosted, but if you want the friendship you should open it on the positive terms imo. If she refuses it you can carry on with your life knowing that she declined a mature and welcoming offer and that you didn't blow it with your last message.
You've got a good head on your shoulders and I wish you luck for this situation
>>
>>>>18435669
>Hello [name]. I appreciate our freindship, and I'm ok with keeping it at that. See you later.

Then if she's not interested in talking to you, leave her alone.

STOP BEING AN ORBITOR
T
O
P

B
E
I
N
G

A
N

O
R
B
I
T
O
R
>>
>>18436959
And I mean talking, not tapping away on a touchscreen. Texting makes men weak.
>>
>>18435669
>implying I got time to read all that.
Just send them a dick pic and smash dat puss, Dickens.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.