[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi adv. I'm 29 years old and have been on the pill since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1497124639463.png (50KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497124639463.png
50KB, 200x200px
Hi adv.

I'm 29 years old and have been on the pill since my early twenties. Since being on it, my hair has thinned to a ridiculous amount and weight loss for me is next to impossible.

I've been checked for all other hormonal issues and everything has come back perfect. I have a healthy lifestyle, I exercise 5 times a week and eat healthily, there's no reason I should have problems. The only continuous factor since these issues started is the pill.

I want to stop taking it just to see if it has a positive effect on my health in general.

How can I discuss this with my partner without it sounding like some kind of plan to get pregnant? We've discussed children a lot recently but I want to wait until I'm in my early thirties anyway.

I stopped it a few years ago as I was single and I seem to remember my hair thickening out and me dropping weight really quickly.
>>
Literally just talk to him about it as you just explained. No hard, and if he is decent he will understand where you are coming from.
>>
>>18434206
Have a discussion, say you are going to get off the pill for your health and to stock up on condoms. I installed the "Clue" app on my phone and he could check where I was in my cycle to see if we had safe days or not. Sometimes we would go without if it was particularly safe (like right before a period).

Consider also the copper IUD.
>>
>>18434206
If you cant speak frankly to your significant other as you have with us, i feel bad about the kind of relationship you're in.

Also, eat less or& exercise more.

>but my hormone imbalance does it

God fucking damn i hate people that dont understand the physical laws of the universe
>>
>>18434242

>>18434242

I'm not saying its hormonal. In fact I literally said my hormones are perfect. But I'm taking a pill which tricks my body into thinking I'm pregnant every month. I've tried changing every aspect of my life that I thought could be a factor.

I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't a hair issue as well. For the record, I workout five times a week, eat healthily, keep a food diary and I'm active in general. I've upped my workout specifically because I wasn't seeing anything and I haven't lost more than 5lbs in 5 months.

>>18434213

Thanks. I would consider the coil but I haven't had children and doctors are very reluctant to put it in if you haven't. He might be different if I told him about my issues though.
>>
>>18434275
>Thanks. I would consider the coil but I haven't had children and doctors are very reluctant to put it in if you haven't.
This has changed a lot over the last decade- it's pretty normal to get one now even in your teens. Perhaps you haven't spoken with a doctor about it since you first went on birth control? Worth having a convo about it.

>'Evidence supports effectiveness and safety in adolescents and those who have and have not previously had children'
(Admittedly from wiki but with proper citations)
>>
>>18434206
Have have a doctor lasso you partners nuts. It's time for him to carry the water.
>>
>>18434477

Thanks for the suggestion but I think both of us are open to children in the future, and I wouldn't want to do anything to risk this.
>>
>>18434206
They probably have lower doses
>>
>>18434206
have you had your thyroid tested?
>>
How much hair loss are we talking? Like chunks of hair fall out when you brush, shower or simply just touch it? Or is just it like 10 strands that look like a lot after brushing or touching it? If its chunks of hair falling out you may need to see a doctor about it but if its just strands you probably just need a hair cut (assuming your hair is long). Hairloss is pretty much inevietable though, especially if it's in your genes.
>>
Have you considered changing pill type/brand?
>>
>>18434641

Yes, absolutely perfect. I had the full panel of them tested too, including antibodies and all that jazz. They couldn't be any more average, I'm not even borderline on any of them (and believe me, I hoped it was that just so I could start treatment and get some hair back).

>>18434657

I have strands falling out all the time, but I don't have enough for it to be chunks. It's just my overall hair that is fine, particularly at the front. The circumference of my pony tail is an inch, maybe two inches. I don't have any bald spots but it's definitely thin and has been getting steadily thinner (at least in my eyes) since starting the pill. I don't know if this is one of those things I notice a lot because I obsess over it though. Hope that's enough info.

My theory for the hair loss in particular being related to the pill is that I'm on the mini pill - no estrogen, just progesterone, due to historic family health issues. I thought perhaps the lack of estrogen might be having an effect, especially if naturally I have higher testosterone (although this hasn't been tested).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.