[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck can I convince my physiatrist to take me off of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1496365949923.jpg (125KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496365949923.jpg
125KB, 960x960px
How the fuck can I convince my physiatrist to take me off of SSRIs.
This is my third one and she keeps coming up with excuses to keep me on them. Ive been fine for months but she won't take me off. I need her to approve me stopping them because loads of jobs won't hire you if you are on SSRIs. What do?
>>
Tell him her that you are going to do it whether or not she approves, so please help you come off safely. She knows that you have to come off medications very slowly, or you will have a lot of really bad side effects.

If she still force you to take SSRI without a valid reason, make arrangements for seeing another psychiatrist.
>>
>>18434135
They should honestly have you check a box when you begin to see a physiatrist that you understand that you will never be able to join the military/work for the government or a contactor/get licensing for many jobs
It's a fucking life ruiner
>>
You don't convince her. You inform her that you are going to stop taking them, and she can help you do it properly or not.
>>
>>18434188
She needs to certify than I am mentally healthy enough to stop taking them or its pointless
>>
she probably has good reasons why she thinks you still need them.
>>
>>18434202
It's excuse after excuse
Winter is coming up? Better continue
Going on vacation soon? Better continue
New job? Better continue

No matter what I say, she finds some reason to make me stay on them. I'm convinced that she wants me to keep coming back every couple of months so she can get her check from the insurance company
>>
>>18434118
How about you just stop taking them? I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you placed in some sort of SSRI registry?
>>
>>18434240
I can't get licensure for my career if I am on SSRIs or diagnosed with depression.
>>
>>18434118

You dont. You have to stop them yourself you wimpy little faggot.

>inb4 OP doesnt stop taking them and believes his doctor sells him things in his best interest
>>
>>18434118
>having a psychiatrist
Your own fault for being a pussy.
>>
>>18434257
Read
>>18434243
>>
>>18434193
I think people here are not picking up that your endgame is a clean bill of mental health and that noncompliance can't get you there.
Can you change psychiatrists?
>>
What jobs won't hire you for being on SSRIs? I live in the U.S. where nearly everyone is on them, and I've never heard that in my life. Props to you for wanting to get off of them regardless.
>>
>>18434375
You live in the US? What are you retarded? Or just sheltered? If you are on ssri's you cannot be in the military (any position) any security field, private or government. So no fbi, cia, nsa etc. Many states you can't be a police officer, a fire fighter and in a few you can't even be an emergency responder. High level research companies like Raytheon, and supply companies like baneker industry's can and almost always do black list you for being on them. Because someone being on ssri's is a risk. No big name company will want you as a first second or even third option and there are hundreds of jobs you are barred from, a great many barred for life even if he is cleared now.
>>
>>18434118

Why don't you just see a psychologist instead so that you have someone who actually does shit besides push pills?
>>
>>18434118
Have you experienced life again without them? When I'm not SSRIs my life is a fucking mess.
>>
>>18434773

I feel the same way when I'm not on opioids of some kind.
>>
File: 1478312070431.jpg (48KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478312070431.jpg
48KB, 960x960px
>>18434118

>loads of jobs won't hire you if you are on SSRIs

This is unequivocally false.
>>
>>18434118
>>18434243
>I can't get licensure for my career if I am on SSRIs or diagnosed with depression.
>because loads of jobs won't hire you if you are on SSRIs
Are you in the US? How will they know if you are on SSRIs?
I've always been open and candid about my depression/ADD and SSRIs/stimulants with my employers, once I've gotten to know them. Depression is really common.

>>18434530
>If you are on ssri's you cannot be in the military (any position) any security field, private or government. So no fbi, cia, nsa etc. Many states you can't be a police officer, a fire fighter and in a few you can't even be an emergency responder. High level research companies like Raytheon, and supply companies like baneker industry's can and almost always do black list you for being on them.
These are very specific jobs that have very specific guidelines. This certainly isn't the majority of jobs.

If OP wanted a specific career, he should have specified "I can't get into THIS JOB while on SSRIs" but he seems to be implying that any regular job won't take him.
>>
>>18434135
a lot of pdocs dont believe discontinuation syndrome.
>>18434118
just come off yourself.
>>
>>18434118
I dunno but that's a good snel
>>
>>18434530
and yet trannies on hormone replacement are totally cool
jesus fucking christ dear country of mine, can we get it together already??
>>
>>18434193
>>18434210
>>18434243

>OP goes to a doctor that sells pills
>he is surprised that he continues to get pills pushed on him

Grow the fuck up, OP. You have to get a grip and realize that these people work for YOU. you aren't their little bitch; if they don't work with you you go see someone who will. Don't be afraid to let them know that you aren't afraid of firing them.

>>18434763
A psychologist is much more likely to have your best interests in mind because it's their job.

You're the captain of your ship, OP. If you want off of medication and your doctor won't let you, they aren't a doctor; they're a fucking narcotics distributor.
>>
>>18434118
Your Jew doctor got you. Those things are dangerous to taper from. If you are not court ordered ro be there try and find a new doctor
>>
>>18434118
A lot of people feel they are ' ok' once they start taking them and then want off them. They feel ' ok' because they are taking them. You will not feel the same of you stop. It is a cycle. I understand their hesitation.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.