[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking whaaaaat? So, in my main circle of friends, a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ngfdx2afsb1rbmks0o1_500.gif (346KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngfdx2afsb1rbmks0o1_500.gif
346KB, 500x514px
Fucking whaaaaat?

So, in my main circle of friends, a couple that was together since 2006 just broke up. Well, not just, a couple of days ago, but still. Like, they've been together for 11 years and have been the longest "couple" in our group. How do I even deal with this? Like, it was a "good" break-up, in the sense that there was no shit-flinging or fighting - they just split and remained friends. But I don't know how to make it not awkward when I see either one of them! How do I even? I can't articulate what I'm trying to say. Someone been in a situation like this?

Pic unrelated.
>>
I just went through what you're going through about a month ago

this shit was completely inconceivable right? Get used to it bud. Things are never as they seem on the surface. People are good at presenting the best sides of things, like fast food restaurants and their marketing. Ever get a mcdonalds burger that looked as good as the ads? Maybe one or two times where it was just over HALF as good? Yeah, me too and thats real life.

Just greet them both as the friends they are to you and try not to be awkward OP. It's understandably an adjustment and they should probably be understanding, if not, well, you tried.
>>
They're not gonna remain friends, and you can't make it better. Pick your side
>>
It won't be awkward if you don't make it awkward. It'll be awkward if you make it awkward.
>>
>>18433168
It's not your relationship , why make such a big deal about it, if it was an amicable break up, so be it and don't make it awkward by unnecessarily bringing it up. Just focus on the individual and what you know about them.
>>
>>18433178

Thanks, though I knew they were issues (I'm a close-ish friend to both of them). And yeah, I guess.

>>18433181
I hope not.

>>18433182
>>18433184

You two are essentially telling me the same thing, so I'll try to do that.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try to stay cool, but holy shit, this is like, the 2nd biggest event in our social circle (the first one was when I broke off my engagement). I'll actually have to ask how my friends dealt with it.
>>
>>18433168
You're acting as if you're in any kind involved. You're just their friend. Nothing changes for you. They just don't fuck anymore. That's literally all there is if they stay friends, which they can if they've broken up after such a long time. You simply grow accustomed o the other person, it will be your best friend ( no matter what some mgtow faggots will tell you). I've broken up after such a long time together and we're still best buddies without any akward feelings. Sometimes love fades. Shit happenes. No one has to be at fault but both will realize it.

Just don't make a cringe fest out of it.
>>
Why do you care? It's not even your relationship. Just ignore and move on?
Silly humans.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.