[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm 21. College drop out & i was considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hello. I'm 21. College drop out & i was considering joining the U.S military. I was planning on enlisting into the U.S Navy. I wanted to know if it's actually worth joining just to gain the benefits & having the military pay for my college. I want to go to film school but it's too expensive. I currently work but i feel like a change of environment would help me take my life seriously & teach me responsibility. You don't have to be a current sailor or veteran to answer although it would be perfered.
>>
Army vet. Went through school on the GI Bill. I do not have, and never had, any college debt.

Why did you drop out of college? This is important because if you cannot handle college, there is a very large change you cannot handle the military.
>>
I didnt take college seriously & now i regret it. Wasted 3 years pretty much doing nothing. I wanna do better & i think the military will help & teach me.
>>
>I want to do X school but its too expensive

welcome to reality, where if you were born without money you literally cannot do jack fucking shit
>>
Is wanting to join the military with the sole reason of just getting the benefits a bad thing?
>>
>>18433162
>18433162
No, it's a jobs program at best and welfare for retards who can't get their shit together at worst.

Fuck it up and you're scum of the earth.
>>
Sounds good. Thanks for the honesty.
>>
>>18433139
Of it's during peacetime, yeah it's worth it.

With all the shit going on in the ME right now?
Probably but I wouldn't risk it
>>
>>18433156
not if you have a loser attitude like that.
>>
>>18433236

>not if you have a loser attitude like that

if all it took was attitude to be successful, most would be

stop being a mouth breather
>>
>>18433258
It's a combination of personality, hard work, intelligence, and luck. Obviously you lack all four so have fun out there champ.
>>
Worth it yes.
For quality of life join AF.
Ship life is not for everyone
>>
>>18433139
Yes the Navy is a good place to start. All ships have major av departments. shoot for that but prepare yourself for kitchen duty.
>>
>>18433501
kek, air force will still land you on boats sometimes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.