[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife has recently surfaced bipolar disorder. It was really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1488332626966.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1488332626966.png
358KB, 552x543px
My wife has recently surfaced bipolar disorder. It was really severe until medication and even then medication isn't perfect.The mania is the scariest thing I've ever encountered.

>spending sprees
>infidelity
>dangerous behavior
>suicide attempts
>endless screaming..

She wasn't always like this... Really...When the mania is over, she barely remembers what happened. Its really heart wrenching seeing the one you love be taken away in an ambulance, and visiting them in a psychiatric ward. Its also so conflicting because the infidelity of course...and the spending sprees.

Canadian healthcare is really shitty and no doctor wants to see her or help her, her last doctor prescribed her an SSRI which is a HUGE NONO for someone with bipolar disorder. Shes just been dissociative and unemotional for the past month.

Two days ago she had another manic episode, went on a shopping spree, had sex with randoms, tried to jump out of a window and a moving car, and was forcefully restrained by some of her friends and driven to her parents house.

Im mostly just venting...Im just so torn up. The woman I love is in there still...its like she gets possessed by a demon..straight out of the exorcist.

I'm sure I'm mostly going to get "lol divorce" but thats not what I want really..All of this hurts alot but I promised her in sickness and in health and all...and I swear to God she wasnt like this before. I'm out of town for business and shes with her parents right now. Talking to her is pointless right now because shes in such a state that she wishes we never met and wants to destroy her life and become homeless and a prostitute and all sorts of other nonsense...she was in school to be a pharmacist..but had to drop out because of this.

Any advice at all? I couldnt sleep at all last night..
>>
>>18427403
>I'm sure I'm mostly going to get "lol divorce" but thats not what I want really
OK then I'll give you a lol cuck.
>>
If she wants to become a prostitute and shit while she has you to support her, there is nothing you can do to stop her. I'm not disputing that she is legit mentally ill but it seems like she isn't putting in her best effort to get better either. I know you promised to stay with her but your life is more valuable than this. Don't waste it on some woman who is just going to fuck randoms and bring you back STDs regardless of what you do. Plenty of crazies working out there for a reason.
>>
>>18427416
I know she doesn't want this. When shes stable shes full of regret and pain. its just the mental state shes in..normally shes an active part of building our future. its just when this happens..
>>
I guess it's a question of what you'd like to do.
Do you love her enough that you're willing to tough it out and stay with her? Or do you want to cut your losses and move on?

If I were in your shoes, I'd feel exactly the same; not entirely sure what to do.

Best of luck to you, brosef.
>>
>>18427446
Right now, my plan is to communicate with her parents, get her in the hospital and achieve stability with her..Then when shes sober, see if she still wants to keep going. If she decides that she really wants to be a homeless prostitute..then I'll tell her parents thats what she decided, and to please take care of her..
>>
>>18427441
As she gets older her mental state will get worse. You feel like you are doing a noble thing by sticking it out but the reality is that you are going to continue to get hurt. Nobody can "fix" her, hell depression is untreatable sometimes. I'm sorry you have gone through this but your life doesn't need to be a crutch for someone's mental issues. If you are out of the picture it might motivate her to try harder but right now she thinks you'll stay around no matter what shit she pulls.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.